Thanks to What hifi

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
My new system is finally up and running. It comprises a Marantz CD6002, B&W 685's and Rotel RA-05 and it sounds heavenly. Thanks to all who helped in my decision especially the what hifi team for recommendations both on here and in the magazine. Brickbats to optimum who have so far sent two sets of rods for my new rack that are scratched and pitted and thwe same to soundstyle for not upping production before Christmas ensuring that the only shop in the country with stocks of Z2's is in London!!

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Happy to help - that's a corking system and we're really glad you're enjoying it (if not your accessories experience!)

[/quote]

I'm sure in my price range there could be 20 amps, cd players and speakers. That is thousands of combinations. You helped separate the wheat from the chaff. Sounds great even with the speakers currently a foot too low. Have now decided to reject the second set of optimum rods and have changed the spec from polished chrome to stainless steel. Am staying with them simply because i can't find another comparable rack that is slimline. Only 400mm deep instead of the standard 510mm. The demonstration rack in the shop has the same problems with the legs. Would advise people to steer clear of the chrome model!!

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="PLuKE"]
What cable are you using for the 685s?.

Luke
[/quote]

Coincedentally the same as you. Silver anniversary XT with Mark 1 airloc plugs. £3 each cheaper than the fancy looking mark 2's but sound the same. Didn't demo it, trusted what hifi on it. Using a Van Den Hul the name interconnect.

TRENDING THREADS