TH-50PZ81B or KDL-52W4500 or PDP-LX5090

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've narrowed my search down to 3 TV's and would like any opinions on my choice. My viewing distance is 4m so I've gone for 50" which is great but that reduces/cancels my budget for a Blu-ray and surround sound. If I go for the Panasonic or Sony I could probably stretch for a Blue-ray but not if I bought the Pioneer (which would mean me left with Freesat HD and regular DVD only). If I went for the Panasonic I could probably go for a surround sound set sooner than if I bought the Sony. However the final ingredient to add in to the mix is that whatever make I go for I would like to keep all my equipment the same make i.e. TV/Blu-ray/Home cinema all Panasonic, all Sony or all Pioneer, so I am kind of looking for advice on which manufacturer would best meet my needs keeping in mind that my budget for a surround sound system will not be near the level of the budget for my TV. I know having the system all from one manufacturer won't make sense to the hardcore enthusiasts, and I won’t get as good as output, but I'm a bit vain and I want my set up to look good and co-ordinated.

Panasonic TH-50PZ81B £1700

Sony KDL-52W4500 £1950 inc Freesat HD box

PIONEER PDP-LX5090 £2600 inc Freesat HD box

A

Anonymous

Sitting 4m away, you wont see any benefit from a Full HD panel, so go for the Pioneer 5080XD, around £1600. Best HD Ready set around.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd argue that you can see the benefit of Full HD on some 50in screens, but a really good HD-ready set such as the Pioneer 5080XD will still produce a terrific picture that's probably only bettered by the Full HD Pioneer PDL-LX5090.

A

Anonymous

I presume you are not saying there is an argument for a smaller set? But the fact that I will be 4m away takes away some of the benefits?

A

Anonymous

Panasonic TH-50PZ81B £1700....?

I have this TV and it is simply outstanding when it is run in!
It just gets better and better.

I bought mine from my local comet for £1590 including a tv stand and I have seen it cheaper than that online

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts