Teufel or B&W

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
ello all.... anyone out there with thoughts on the Teufel System 5 THX Select or the B&W 685 Theatre systems? looking to compaire them.... thanks

eamo

A

Anonymous

I too am wanting to hear the Teufel System 5 THX Select, and others, but nowhere is there any info as to where this can be done.

All the 'experts' say that listening to speakers is a must before you buy, but this company expects buyers to spash out quite a considerable amount of cash without this facility. What happens if you go ahead then find that the 'sound' of the chosen speakers don't sound right in your room - or to your ears???

Tommo

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Even without listening id always go for the Bowers (if money no object). Having had the 685s there is no question it would be the Bowers for me. Even if you dont like the sound (unlikely) they will hold their value much better than some unknown german company offering very little demo opportunity so you could easily move them on for little loss.

A

Anonymous

I'm kind of confused here with regards to "without this facility". Do you mean that you have to purchase without listing, amazingtom?.

ukadvocate:I'm kind of confused here with regards to "without this facility". Do you mean that you have to purchase without listing, amazingtom?.

Yes, Teufel sells its products only online themselves (mail order). You won't find them in any shop. They have a huge range with tempting prices. The only problem is, how many people will actually buy them without actually listening to them (although their speakers have had favourable reviews). Yes, they offer an 8-week trial period, but you have to post those heavy speakers back to Germany. They don't reimburse the postage.

Check their website: http://www.teufel.eu/uk/

A

Anonymous

Living in Germany I get to read a lot of reviews of Teufel products which are generally very good. One comment which does come back again and again on the boards is that the delivery time can be quite long (8 - 10 weeks). Some German Teufel buyers have been quite annoyed by this. If the delivery same times can expected when ordering from the UK site.......

A

Anonymous

Is this even a question???? I own the B&W 685 Theatre system and it is just fantastic - in every sense! It is a multiple award winner - a tried, tested and proven product.

Teufel? I rest my case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts