Terminator 2 - Skynet Edition Bluray Problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm whether my pioneer LX71 (v1.32 firmware) should be able to play the skynet edition disc.

After around 7 mins I get a wonderful looking top menu but cannot get any further. Not a single remote control or front panel action works. Only pressing and holding the power button and then the open/close breaks the cycle.

Like so many others on the net I am sorely unimpressed. I am fully aware my player is v1.1 and won't be acessing all the features - so what - I want to enjoy the picture quality and superb sound - neither of which require a piece of cat5 cable.

Optimum releasing should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You're certainly not alone. I've read elsewhere of 7 plus minute loading times to get to the main menu on Pioneer LX71/LX91 players. I think most players struggle with this disc, it's just that the Pioneer's seem to struggle more! If it struggles on a PS3, I'll bet it will struggle on everything as the PS3 still seems to be the best all-round player. Bluray eh?!

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4:
You're certainly not alone. I've read elsewhere of 7 plus minute loading times to get to the main menu on Pioneer LX71/LX91 players. I think most players struggle with this disc, it's just that the Pioneer's seem to struggle more! If it struggles on a PS3, I'll bet it will struggle on everything as the PS3 still seems to be the best all-round player. Bluray eh?!

emotion-3.gif
emotion-7.gif
Firmware not improve that? Lucky I'm not a Terminator fan!

A

Anonymous

why dont you update ur player to 1.32 and see how you get on, it might make it better...

A

Anonymous

<<<same problem here! i own 2 bd-player the pioneer lx71 and samsung 1400 and i coudn,t load the movie on either ,but in my case i coudn,t even get to the menue of the movie it just keep loading forever and from that piont nothing happen , and the player just freeze and the only way to switch it off is to do it manually from the player .

A

Anonymous

When it didn't work with v1.25 firmware I thought aha I wonder if the much anticipated (audio T told me would be here in Feb) DTS-HD upgrade was available and would fix the problem.

You guessed it v1.32 duely installed and didn't make a jot of difference.

I've left a message with pioneer to see if they can confirm if it is bad authoring or a poor firmware interpretation. I've also sent an email to optimum releasing (the bluray authors) but I suspect they won't have the courtesy to respond judging by the wealth of internet abuse that is being heaped on them.

A

Anonymous

This disc takes an eternity to load to the top menu on the Sony BDP-S350 as well. In fact, I timed it: 4 minutes and 45 seconds. It does at least have a fully functioning menu once you eventually get there though. I noticed that on the T2: Skynet Edition packaging it says in massive letters, 'Compatible with PlayStation 3'. It might as well say 'Designed for playback on PlayStation 3' because I timed it on one of those as well and it only took 1 minute and 58 seconds to get to the top menu. That's still quite a while but a lot more bearable.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I certainly think that in terms of user friendliness the film companies have taken a step backwards with Blu-ray.

They seem to be seduced by things like dislaying the extras menu overlaid on a film whilst it's still playing - I mean, who wants to look at the extras before they've finished watching the film?

Having to wait any longer at all, than a DVD, for a disc to load is ridiculous!

A

Anonymous

pioneer lx71 firmware updated to 1.37 and disc borrowed from work colleage. Still slow to load (4 mins) but then works perfectly.Sound and picture are superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts