Temptation is a cruel mistress

This afternoon I took the OH's friend to Richer Sounds, Kingston to pick-up a digi box. There in the window, staring gleefully, was the Nad 355BEE, and I said a week or so ago I would get my paws on one to test. I was soooo tempted, "yes...no no...yes...n-n-n-no.

It did look rather good in battleship grey, but I refused to succumbe to temptation. But soon, very soon!

I'm going to put my feet up and rest for an hour...[:p]

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I find it strange that so many here keep trying/changing for price comparable stuff to what they already have, sometimes to just do the merrygoround and ending up with something similar/the same they had before.

If you'd had a genuine problem with your amp I could understand it but I thought you quite liked it. I'd be very surprised if you find this Nad to be a vast upgrade, it'll most likely do some things slightly better, others not. If you'd spend more that may be different.

As always, my opinion only.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
i have owned more than one NAD amplifier and Arcam amplifier including the NAD C320BEE (which i still have) and an Arcam Diva A70 (which i upgraded from to the A32).

i certainly dont think i would change from the Arcam to the NAD - better to add a power amp to the Arcam if anything

dont get me wrong i think NAD are just great but for me they are not better than what you have in the price bracket

matthewpiano

The A65+ is good but I'd argue my C326BEE is a better amp, and I have owned an A65+. I personally think the C355BEE could be a significant upgrade for minimal outlay.

You'll never know unless you try, but I'd advise an audition rather than simply parting with the money.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but you are forgetting a pretty basic human need to satisfy healthy curiosity.
emotion-5.gif

This would be for the forum. My experience of Nad is pretty limited, but when I heard the 352 against my Arc, it wasn't as balanced as the Arcam.

I've always loved my A65+ (I don't like all Arcams), and I can't see that changing by hearing the 355BEE. I've always been curious why so much fuss has been made regarding the Nad. Soon I'll find out whether it is justified or not. If it is that good, I'll buy there and then, like DM said, it'll take more than a good budget amp to convince.

As most of you know, I'm not into technicalities, if it sounds great, I will loosen my debit card - if not, I'll wait for Mr. Leema to raise its head....
emotion-15.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano:Having said that I also think the Audiolab 8000S would be an upgrade from the Arcam and it is an amp that I rate very highly indeed.

Music to my ears!
emotion-1.gif

But then, when the Marantz PM66SE KI Sig puts in an appearance chez mois, perhaps there will be a fine 1990s vintage 8000S (or two) up for grabs!
emotion-5.gif

ESP2009:

As the famous quote goes(ish)..."I can resist anything except temptation".

Anyway, what's stopping you indulging?

The OH - remember I've only started a new job recently. She would go bananas if I walked thru the door with a NAD. It was bad enough when I bought the Creek Evo home.

matthewpiano:The A65+ is good but I'd argue my C326BEE is a better amp, and I have owned an A65+. I personally think the C355BEE could be a significant upgrade for minimal outlay. You'll never know unless you try, but I'd advise an audition rather than simply parting with the money.

Always do, MP, I never buy on impulse. Nope, you never know - but I doubt it...
emotion-1.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin:ESP2009:

Anyway, what's stopping you indulging?

The OH - remember I've only started a new job recently.

Speaking of which, how's it going? Pardon my failing memory, I'd forgotten your post on the job situation.
emotion-10.gif

OK, patience is certainly a good thing. Hey, the NAD can only get cheaper...can't it?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:ESP2009:

But then, when the Marantz PM66SE KI Sig puts in an appearance chez mois,

Is this a menstrual thing?

Ah, if only it were that simple!
emotion-9.gif

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
i just looked up how much the C355BEE goes for and its a pretty good price - also its a bit more powerful than i thought - the NAD range seems to have got a bit more confusing of late

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts