Technics SU-R1000

fazalmajid

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
I don't know why they put a phono stage in this amp. It's not as if vinyl fanatics will tolerate digital anything in their signal path, and digital aficionados like myself resent the amount of money spent on legacy interfaces.

manicm

I don't know why they put a phono stage in this amp. It's not as if vinyl fanatics will tolerate digital anything in their signal path, and digital aficionados like myself resent the amount of money spent on legacy interfaces.

Actually if you configure a Linn streaming system using their Exakt technology, they do exactly the same - Linn converts the signal from the Sondek LP12 to digital first before outputting to analogue. So Technics isn't the first to do so. And from what I've read Linn at least have nailed it - many seem to agree their Sondeks sound better this way than straight analogue.

Reactions: nopiano

Tanooki2020

May 20, 2021
Visit site
Sounds like you should actually wait until a Hi-fi audio store in your area has a showing of the new Technics audio equipment and have a listen for yourself before drawing such conclusions base on assumptions.

People who enjoy listening to vinyl, like me, are not going to throw a hissy fit when a company decides to try something different when it comes to audio reproduction.

Most modern phono preamps are typically made from generic off the shelf dual channel op-amps with a generic eq. You'd be lucky to find some that still use discrete components. Most today lack MM/MC options or any other fancy adjustments like what the vintage receivers from the 80s and 70s had.

Personally I like the fact that Technics has the balls to try something completely new and different when it comes to audio reproduction, especially for the phono stage, instead of just copying and tweaking others tried and true designs.
I totally give them full credit for this.

Gmsingh123

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
This is a product that pushes the envelope of what can be done with an amplifier design so confusion about the design choices is to be expected. I'm a dyed in wool analog guy and this is the first time I've seen a digital product that truly piqued my interest. It sounds fascinating and potentially excellent sonically.

ja_kub_sz

May 26, 2021
Visit site
I just got mine this week! Also got a XLR out TT (Teac).

I'll let you know what I think.

Attachments

• 1019211220c_HDR.jpg
    1019211220c_HDR.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1019211220_HDR.jpg
    1019211220_HDR.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 1

THF

Mar 3, 2023
Visit site
I read the test, almost all the findings are correct. I just don't understand why it only got 4 stars??
I think it is a sensational device, full of extraordinary improvements and quality components.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts