Technics Sa-ch 750

AlanB14

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

i am new to this forum and in fact not that up to speed with hi fi's so please go easy on me. I came across this forum several times whilst doing research and it seemed appropriate to join and ask so e questions if I may?

21 years ago I bought a technics sa-ch 750, sl-ch750 etc... For my 18th birthday and it has been great. Recently the CD player stopped working and I have tried to have it fixed by the repair man but to no avail. The laser is bust and I can't find one anywhere so reluctantly I am giving up hope. I currently run a technics sl1210 through the amp and it sound good. I want to be able to access the rest of my collection.

so my questions are..

should I persist and try and get a replacement part of CD player? It connects via a ribbon so not even sure anything will link with it.

can I play the rest of my music through an MP3 player? There is nothing marked aux as such but they is dat, DCC and video inputs.

Should I bite the bullet and get something new? If this is the option can anyone recommend anything? So far my searches have led me to a marantz pm6005 amp and cd6005. And i have also seen the marantz pm66 SE KI amps on eBay which seem to have excellent reviews. with this I could potentially buy a CD player as well or play my Neil young pono through the aux??? Is this a good idea?

i want my phono to play as well as possible, as I am tending to buy mostly vinyl. Do I need a phono pre amp or are they not worth it?

apologies for so many questions but it seems there is a lot of helpful and knowledgable people on here.

cheers

alan

p.s if anyone has a technics sl-ch 750 then I will pay well for one as it hold sentimental value.

Dgbowe

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Are you still after one of these systems? The radio has stopped working on my system (it's fuzzy and works intermittently) everything else seems OK but you never know when other parts may stop working!

I live near York if you are still interested and would like to make a reasonable offer?

Best wishes

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts