Technics Connecting leads

BSpalders

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hoping someone can offer a bit of advice. I was gifted a Technics RS-TR165 twin tape deck and have since bought (off eBay) a Technics SU-X102 amp. I've no manuals and my knowledge of separates systems dates back to when these were deemed cutting edge! Can anyone tell me which leads/connectors I require to connect the amp to the tape deck and/or recommend a worthy set of speakers, Technics or otherwise? Cheers.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The amp and tape deck use connectors generally called either 'phono' or 'RCA'. To be able to playback and record from the tapedeck you will need 2 cables for record (left and right) and 2 cables for playback (left and right). The cables are often sold in pairs, sometimes with the left and right cables bonded together in a 'figure of 8' pattern. No need to spend silly money, £5 on Amazon will buy a pair of 'cable mountain' RCA to RCA connectors - which are decent quality plugs and screened cable. You will need 2 pairs.

Expect to need to service the tape decks, at the very least clean the heads, capstan and pinch rollers. The belts inside the deck may have perished or become slack - this will show up as poor rewind or fast forward performance. Dont expect amazing quality, people have generally forgotten what cassette decks sounded like.

Others can advise on speakers.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts