Technical Problems

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Dear WHF Team. I am still experiencing problems even with placing a couple of posts today owing to the lack of tab/buttons to do this so I am having to guess where they are.

The most common error for this page is "Tiny MCE" is undefined on Line 329, Char is 1, Code is 0,URL: http://community.whathifi.com/forums/addpost.aspx?Forum|D=34

Again photos not showing or emoticons just red crosses and very slow refresh rate when logged in. Just an update on what I have e-mailed to Andy Clough.

idc

Last night (Friday 3rd about 2330) I sat down with my laptop, beer and my headphones on and the whole site went down. I ended up trying another forum instead
emotion-7.gif
I have also been finding that to post and log on I have to click the red 'post' button two or three times.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Drink and operating equipment - can lead to nasty results.

Too much drink can give the illusion that there's 2 or 3 red 'post' buttons - perhaps you just hit the wrong one?!? Lol.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

idc

Andrew Everard:Yes, there was an outage late last night. Haven't heard back from our digital people what the cause was.

Thanks again Andrew. See Cofnchtr, I wasn't drunk after all. Though I did feel a little unwell after straying onto the HiFi Choice discussion forum
emotion-41.gif

idc

And can I say what an excellent service it is. I prefer the white background of this forum to the blue that is used everywhere else I have looked. Type and pictures look better here than anywhere else, quotes are easier to follow and now I am into the swing of using the message tool bar very good fun as well.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Tried using System Restore but this has still not resolved the problems I am still having with this site. I shall now patiently wait for WHF Tech Team

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Anyone getting search errors, using IE7, on Vista, not logged in when doing search, doesn't seem to matter thought, sometimes it works others error as below:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
From 2200 today I am not receiving any error messages and the whole page has downloaded correctly including post tab. Have WHF Tech Team sorted my account?

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
That must have been a one off as I still have the problems previously reported unless I log in and out more than 3 times?

John Duncan

nnnnnggggghhhhhhh.

No, I don't know what your issue is, but seein as ye're no a'body........can you tell me what browser you're using (including version), and tell me whether you have issues with any other Browser (perm one from IE6/7/8, Firefox 2/3, Safari 2/3, Opera).

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hiya John,

I sent Andy Clough via Andrew Everard an e-mail to forward to the Technical Team ref my problems.

But I have Winows Vista/IE7/Virgin Broadband connection and basically when I log on it everything slows down and like the Post icon/tab is not present. I then have to guess when creating/replying posts and then log out to be able to navigate properly on this forum. I can resend the e-mail if you like with the error messages.

vmt

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hiya John, Firefox is even worse when I logged in today at 1400 where it would not even display the forum page at all. I had to go back on IE to post messages. Error shown was Bad Request - Invalid Verb. Could it be a problem with the pop up adverts?

TRENDING THREADS