Teac reference 300mk3 micro system

A

Anonymous

I had a nice one, lovely champagne colour it was (is the 300mk3 the same as the Ref 300 separates series?), when I was a student - blew all of one of my student loan instalments on one. I really liked it at the time for Halls, nice warm sound, easy on the ear but not particularly truthful to the source, but if you like that Japanese sound quality.- but I've been criticised on this forum for saying that I though it was a decent set up for me (running Mission bookshelves), and I thought it looked the dogs dangles and was a real bird pleaser!!!...ah those were the days. Of coarse one does have a tendency to look upon the past with rose tinted specs!

A

Anonymous

My better half has the Teac with some older Kef Cresta/Coda? speakers. Great bedroom system! Very musical.

A

Anonymous

I've got the mk2, oddly enough with Mission speakers (m70s) and it suits me just fine. Currently listening to the new Supergrass CD on it, and thoroughly enjoying. Sound is warm, but I like that. Plumped for the TEAC because I wanted separates flexibility for future upgrading, but at the time was living in a rather small flat and didn't have room for full-sized components. I've since moved to slightly roomier quarters but I still like the TEAC's compactness.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts