Teac 600 cabling

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

ive just gone and purchased a Teac Reference 600 online with the wharfdale diamonds 10.1 (these will be upgraded as soon as funds allow). My question is this in the review of this system there was no mention of cables used, i would like to try and get the best from this system so any help here would be much appreciated. so who has dabbled with speaker cable interconnects and mains and what have you found work's also speakers what are you using with your system im not a floor stander fan so ill be looking at stand mounters upto 1k

A

Anonymous

ok no response so far to my question, but having spoken to someone outside of this forum they made mention of these items Kimber 8TC speaker cable, Kimber silver streak interconnect, and power kord reference main's, any comments ?

Hi caspian40

I'll recommend you save your money and carry on using the standard interconnects and the standard mains cables supplied with your Teac components. Standard 79 OFC speaker cable will also be more then good enough.

Btw, Monitor Audio's BX2's and Dynaudio's DM 2/6 speakers are worth considering with your Teac system.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick

Thank's for your reply to my question this system is a bit of a come down from the last one i owned

Roksan Caspian M1 CD

Roksan Caspian M1 pre amp

Roksan caspian x2 M1 mono blocks

ProAc studio 125'S

Ive not got that kind of cash to spend any more so im just looking to improve what ive purchased.

regards

Mick

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Caspian - I'd find a dealer who can loan you a few cables for you to try out at home. That way, you hear them in your system, in your room. You can then make up your mind as to which, if any, suit your system over your current cables.

caspian40:
Hi Rick

Thank's for your reply to my question this system is a bit of a come down from the last one i owned

Roksan Caspian M1 CD

Roksan Caspian M1 pre amp

Roksan caspian x2 M1 mono blocks

ProAc studio 125'S

Ive not got that kind of cash to spend any more so im just looking to improve what ive purchased.

regards

Mick

Hi Mick

Your welcome.

You just need some 79 strand OFC speaker cables which should cost you no more than a few £. If you ever feel the need to alter the presentation then just use the tone controls on the amplifier
emotion-5.gif
Add speakers and possibly some stands and you're done.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for your input,dave&frank hifi ive just moved to felixstowe from kent so dont know any dealers around here as i did in kent. but ill have a listen to it when it arrives hopefully it will be here wednesday the speakers will be upgraded asap ive had a couple of recommendation's so far ill have to visit sevenoaks in maidstone to have a listen to some. once again many thanks for your reply

Regards

Mick

A

Anonymous

Thanks again Rick, The system should be here wednesday i need to get out and get some sturdy stands and set it up for my listening position and have a play with it the speakers will be upgraded asap

Regards

Mick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts