Tannoy Revolution DC6 with Marantz PM6004 , CD6004

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about the Tannoys DC6, from what I have read elsewhere the 6004 amp is not that powerful although rated at 45w many similar amps sound louder could be the damping, so I would look at speakers that are easy to drive like the Rega RS1s, avoid B&W 685 need plenty of power to drive them.

Looking at the sensitivity of DC6 is 86 so maybe not the best for the 6004. Can you try them out?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think it will be no problem. A more powerful amp is always better of course but it should be no problem.

The B&W 685 are not that hard to drive.........in the past I had the Marantz PM6003 and it worked fine with the B&W's.

PAULCHRISTOPHER

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information . I obviously lost my post somewhere but you got the gist of it with just the heading. As I have bought the PM6004 and CD6004 I am looking to replace my Mordaunt & Short 20i Pearls sometime but there is no hurry. I obviously need to listem to several makes at a dealers before deciding. The PM6004 is very good with LP's on an old Technics turntable. I am resonably happy with the sound at the moment.

T

the record spot

I think the Tannoys are excellent speakers - lovely sound and well worth an audition. Your MS20i pair aren't exactly shabby however.

PAULCHRISTOPHER

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that . Yes the Mordaunts aren't too bad. I had a Technics SU-VZ220 amp. until recently but the volume control needed replacing and a genuine part was no longer available. This powered the 20i's at the front and I had (still have!) a pair of 10i's at he back. Don't ask me why but it sounded better with 4 speakers rather than 2. Now the PM6004 sounds best with just the front pair of speakers but with the volume increased somewhat.

TRENDING THREADS