Synology woes

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi can anyone help.
I have a Synology ds213J nas drive going to a Audiolab Mdac via USB to a Cyrus 6a. Recently when trying to update the Nas via my computer it will not connect to the internet. It was working ok when I first installed it but it has now just stopped. Any ideas ? Also where is the graphic equaliser on DS audio on the PC ? cant find it.
Many thanks

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid I can't help with your internet connection problem.

The EQ is located at the bottom right of the Audio Station window: it's represented by a conventional EQ symbol, i.e. three vertical lines, each with a button on. When I was using my DS213J to feed my DAC via USB I found that the EQ was unusable as it added horrible distortion.

Matt

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
matt49 said:
I'm afraid I can't help with your internet connection problem.

The EQ is located at the bottom right of the Audio Station window: it's represented by a conventional EQ symbol, i.e. three vertical lines, each with a button on. When I was using my DS213J to feed my DAC via USB I found that the EQ was unusable as it added horrible distortion.

Matt

I can confirm even with DSM 5 EQ function of Audio Station is very bad. BTW, a purist will not use any EQ, so we are still fine with Synology. Many of my digital music is on a DS214Play and I'm very fine with it, it stream everywhere like the hell music I do listen to :)

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. Ive tried the EZ option and restrting all to no avail. Ive ended up raising the issue with synology and await there reply.
On another note I am looking to purchase a graphic equliser hence the synology app question ( i know I will get lambasted for this ) but on buying the Cyrus with the Tannoy which i might add I did listen to before purchase it sounds totally different at home, ie bright (sorry I'll re phrase that) shrill to the point of distraction. Ive tried blanket over the top which didnt go down too well with the wife considering i'd just splashed uot £2500, tried changing speaker cable from silver anniversary to Vann damme blue without any success.Graphic equaliser the only cheap option apart from selling either the Cyrus or the Tannoys :-(

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
alpne1 said:
Graphic equaliser the only cheap option apart from selling either the Cyrus or the Tannoys :-(

Another option would be to find a cheapo Windows PC and install JRiver on it. The PC would sit between the NAS and the DAC. JRiver has an excellent, hugely configurable parametric EQ function, which will do exactly what you want without distortion.

You could control JRiver using the JRemote app on a smartphone/tablet.

Matt

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
alpne1 said:
Thanks Matt, I guess if I used this option the PC would need to be on when listening to music ?

Yes, but it should run very quiet, since it'll just be using JRiver which should be loaded in memory. I doubt it'd make any more noise than the NAS.

Matt

TRENDING THREADS