Switch Boxes - Help!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking at using a switch box from my CDP to switch between an amp and a headphone amp.

I have no idea whether this will work to the detriment of the sound which is why I'm asking here. My best net friend "google" hasn't been much help, so any thoughts/experiences from anyone here?

Thanks in advance,

Malc

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Would you consider changing your cd player?

My Arcam cd33 has 2 sets of outputs on the rear so you could connect both amps at the same time.
There may be other cd players that have this feature too.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
MattSPL:
Would you consider changing your cd player?

Well considering I only bought it 2-days ago I'm not changing it just yet!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
MattSPL:
Oh right, i guess not then.

Does your amp have a tape loop?

Doesn't have a loop, just line out. Bought the CDP purely for a headphone set-up, but needless to say I've played it through my Denon micro. Also needless to say it sounds a hundred times better, hence my dilemma!

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Just found the user manual for the Denon and the line out can be used straight into your headphone amp in the same way that you connected the cd player to the headphone amp.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I know, which is how I had it before.

Point is I want the signal straight out of the CDP in to my headphone amp which was the purpose of my buying the player. Playing it through the Denon was a bit of a secondary issue until I heard it! My question really is are switch boxes any
good, or am I best off just keep switching the cables? (a pain!)

TRENDING THREADS