SVS / TANNOY F1 CUSTOM / QUAD LITE ? ? ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just sold my Kef 3005 eggs, and am waiting for the person to collect them. I would appreciate a little advice......... I am very intrigued by the SVS SB01 5.1 System. I have read some reviews, but there is no substitute for being there live so to speak, however a lot of the hype around at the moment suggests that the Tannoy F1 Custom Package is very good as is the Quad lite system. I live in an apartment, so I dont really crank it up too loud, quality is more important to me with music and films alike. I have a Pioneer VSX AX3 thx amp, which I may replace with an Onkyo 605 later on this year? I have a Panasonic TH42PX60 plasma, and a sony RDR HXD 910 DVD/HDD. My music is played via a MacBookPro Laptop, and or an ipod, and varies in taste from Vittorio Grigolo to the sugababes and Queen to Coldplay!! My room is 3.2m by 4.5m, with my viewing/listening position being 3.7m. The room is squarish and carpeted. I would like to wall mount the front speaker array and the rears. My question is, in anyone's opinion, which speaker system would you recommend? I am willing to spend around £600 - £800, with or without a sub as I will upgrade if I need to later on, the SVS system is affordable - but I need help! I used to have a Monitor Audio Silver s8 surround system - brilliant but too big! PLEASE HELP !

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Both the Tannoy and Quad speaker packages are excellent (5 stars), and I would happily recommend either, but have never heard the SVS system I'm afraid. And I'd definitely go along with your plan to replace the Pioneer VSX AX3 with the Onlyo 605 when you can.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply - can you tell me though - which of the two systems in your opinion will give the best performance with dialogue quality for films?

Some systems I have heard are a little lacking in this area?

Kind Regards

Paul

A

Anonymous

Paul. I noticed you have the RDRHXD910. How do you connect it to your TV? Do you HDMI direct or go via an Amp, or use component?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Iv'e got the Quad-Lites in silver and definetly recommend them. i payed £499 at the time and went for the Onkyo 606 for £359, got mine on stands. Can be tricky to find good suitable wallbrackets,probably very hard to find now so you would have to look at the improved mk11 which will cost around £800-900.Tannoys are slightly bigger, but you can get some really good deals without the sub £250 should get you the 5.1 package and add a Monolith sub for £400. Better still if you can fit the floorstanders in, i would see if RS still have the F4 customs for £120-149. As for amp i would look at 606 or Denon1909 for £299 better than the 605 unless you can get for a bargain.Q Acoustics 1010i also worth looking at has a large centre speaker, but wall brackets are easy to get, also 1030i,1050i floorstanders available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts