Surround sound oamps and receivers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Am thinking of buying the Onkyo TX-SR608 to power my B&W MT30 7.1 speaker package (with the addtiton of two extra M1s to complete the 7). However, I need the Onkyo to be able to also power separately a spearate "zone (in the kitchen end of the room)" of two small ceiling speakers. I have been told that this may not be possible with the 608 but it may be possible with an upgrade.

Does anyone know if I can use the 608 and if not should I use the 708/ 808 ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you want to run a full 7.1-channel set-up with any of the amps you mention, you'll need an extra two-channel power amp to drive the Zone 2 speakers.

You could search for something like a used Rotel stereo power amp on Ebay, or just use a budget stereo integrated amp, either used or new, to do the job.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, but I'm not sure if I made myself clear.

I have the 7.1 at one end of the room with the TV set-up. Want the Onkyo to drive this, but then have two separate speakers in the kitchen area. Need an amp to run these separately when the tv (7.1) is not on. Do I need the extra 2 channel amp for the 7.1 itself or just for the separate zone to play (with radio etc) independently?..as the name suggests, it's all new to me!

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts