Surround dilema

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a new pair of surround speakers and a subwoofer for my system.

Currently I am using B+W 805matrix L+R, a B+W LCR6 center and a Sony STR-930 amp. I am completely satisfied with the LCR performance, but wanted to suppplement them with a set of surrounds and a subwoofer.

I think I have decided to go for an B+W ASW610 sub as I have quite a large room, and feel it would probably integrate accoustically with the other units - but I really cant decide on the rears. I still have a set of B+W 601's that I used to use for surrounds, but in all honesty I cant see the point of having full size surround speakers as so little sound seems to come from them. Also I dont really want to see them.

I think ideally I would preffer something like the tiny Boston units that recently won the WHF group test, but they all seem to be sold as 5.1 packages, and I just need the 2.

Any suggestions?

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your replies,

I have considered the M-1s, but think they are too expensive and I'm not mad on thier looks even though they are obviously a quality item.

Not seen those Q wall mounters. Quite interested. Do they sound any good?

I think I would white speaker would blend in behind the sofa a lot more descretely

Mark

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
markyd:
Thanks for your replies,

I have considered the M-1s, but think they are too expensive and I'm not mad on thier looks even though they are obviously a quality item.

Not seen those Q wall mounters. Quite interested. Do they sound any good?

I think I would white speaker would blend in behind the sofa a lot more descretely

Mark

I think the Q-AV rears sound and look great, you can't go wrong for that price.

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Q-AV's. They are exactly what I was after.

They are much more suitable surrounds than the B+W 601's and I would say don't sound much different for the purpose

Descrete, good sound, great price.

Cheers Pindi

My only criticism was of Superfi, who's in-store return policy (on another product I purchased) was different to what they have displayed on their website. Dealing with customer service left a very bad taste in the mouth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts