Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
Where has my post gone???

internet-thief_zps32e21fd7.jpg

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Anyway, long story short, the system comprised Projects minute but very potent RS series Valve Hybrid Pre/Power, Streamer, Phono stage, Avid TT and My Audio 1920 speakers. - All neatly integrated into a library on book shelfes (speakers as well as TT) in a totally non-audiophile but practical and homely way.

Not a cheap system by any means but it sounded simply stunning through vinyl and the individual components are built superbly.

The power amplifier (2x110w/8ohm) is, I think, also available as a stereo integrated for around £7-800 and on the basis of what I've heard, I would recommend that (or the whole system) to anyone who likes visceral yet detailed and fast music playback with no harshness. The speakers are very nice too. It may not look as bling as some and it would have been nice to see some of the valves but that would have detracted from its practicallity and beauty is on the inside.

regards

drummerman said:
Anyway, long story short, the system comprised Projects minute but very potent RS series Valve Hybrid Pre/Power, Streamer, Phono stage, Avid TT and My Audio 1920 speakers. - All neatly integrated into a library on book shelfes (speakers as well as TT) in a totally non-audiophile but practical and homely way.

Not a cheap system by any means but it sounded simply stunning through vinyl and the individual components are built superbly.

The power amplifier (2x110w/8ohm) is, I think, also available as a stereo integrated for around £7-800 and on the basis of what I've heard, I would recommend that (or the whole system) to anyone who likes visceral yet detailed and fast music playback with no harshness. The speakers are very nice too. It may not look as bling as some and it would have been nice to see some of the valves but that would have detracted from its practicallity and beauty is on the inside.

regards

Sounds like a little cracking system. The main issue with Pro-ject stuff is that most people, including myself, only associate the brand with TTs and TT preamps.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
plastic Sounds like a little cracking system. The main issue with Pro-ject stuff is that most people said:
Yes, their loss.

Tiny packaging, huge sound. The RS series really is something else. A cyrus alternative, both in sound and looks.

I'd happily live with one.

regards

Kamikaze Bitter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
When I try to post it tells me my post is spam half the time. It must sound good Drummerman cause it aint a looker. Seriously for 1000 quid it could be better styled. Mind you I like the built in tha garage look - but only with built in the garage prices!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, you're talking to a cyrus user so I am kind of fond of the utilitarian/industrial look but I see your point. - The Ingenium Turntable kind of fitted in nicely.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts