Subwoofer for Simple Audio Listen

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, my first post here.

I just bought the Simple Audio Listen's for 150€ and was asking myself if I would need a subwoofer. My main system is high-end Bose, this is for this secondary system in my workout room, connected with my laptop. I read good ones start at the same price as I bought the Listen's for, so I am also not sure if this is a wise investment.

Any help is highly appreciated!

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
hybridauth_Facebook_100002083896905 said:
Hi everyone, my first post here.

I just bought the Simple Audio Listen's for 150€ and was asking myself if I would need a subwoofer. My main system is high-end Bose, this is for this secondary system in my workout room, connected with my laptop. I read good ones start at the same price as I bought the Listen's for, so I am also not sure if this is a wise investment.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Careful, people will think you are trolling if you start talking about high-end bose.

Only you can tell whether you need a sub. Depends on how big the room is, how much bass you want, and how deep you want the bass to be. I can't find a reference for their frequency response, although one review says bass fiends will want to look elsewhere. Personally I'd try them out as is and then determine whether I needed a sub, but then again, they're probably not a product I'd buy in the first place.

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

Could you please elaborate on why people will think I would be trolling? I am certainly not an expert by any chance, so I actually don't know what pricerange is considered high-end in hifi terms. For me it was a very big investment a few years ago, but worth it. I think you mean that Bose is not considered high-end right (which is fine by me). I also think a troll wouldn't sign in with his Facebook account :D.

The room is only 5x7meters, so not too big. It's indeed a good idea to wait for the speakers to come in. What would you have recommended instead of the ones I ordered? I read a few reviews and they were en-par with others for 500€, but I got them for 150€ so I thought it would be a very good deal.

Currently there are only 50€ speakers there that I got for free. And they are just bad compared to any of my other audio devices I just had to step it up.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it's just that, other than their noise cancelling headphones and some computer speakers, Bose has a reputation as not being great value for money. A lifestyle system that puts looks/convenience ahead of sound quality.

It looks like you picked up the speakers for a really good deal. For the list price I think there'd be alternatives, but for the price you paid maybe not.

The only reason I say I wouldn't have bought them is because I don't really look at bluetooth and wireless speaker solutions, so really I think we are shopping in different markets. I'd say your room isn't that small, but do let us know how you like the speakers once you have them up and running.

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, nowadays I would have bought something else than Bose, but when I bought them it seemed a good option (also didn't pay full retail). I also have the QC15 headphones from Bose as they are the best noise-canceling headphones (I personally) heard. Not the best for the money in therms of sound-quality, but the noise-cancelling is just top notch (which I appreciate a lot when studying in group and when flying). Thanks for clarifying about Bose :D.

I wasn't really looking for bluetooth speakers, but ones with usb for connecting to my laptop (which has a so-so soundcard, only a little bit better than my 2012MBP). I will be buying one of the new DAC's from AudioQuest when they come out in a month or two (according to someone at AudioQuest), their Dragonfly is highly regarded here, so their others should be too.

I'll post something about them when I have them for some time. I know someone with A5+'s that's around the same pricepoint, so that might be a good comparisson. I am more accustomed to over-ear headphones though and not at all an expert.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts