subject

A

Anonymous

That Furutech audiophile fuse that Fr0g showed us ( see few threads below) is a serious contender i would have thought.

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Er, not to rain on your parade, and I strongly dislike Music Works products, but vibration is one of the most important elements to (try to) understand and deal with in music reproduction. Yes, even in bits of wire...

John Duncan

k. Silliest is that thing that involved orienting your CDs on the shelf until your hifi sounded better - ie Joni Mitchell upside down, Pink Floyd right way up. That sort of thing.

Silliest per pound is

Oooooo Russia 2-0. Where's vanman?

Silliest per pound is probably by Bose.

A

Anonymous

chebby wrote the following post at Wed, Jun 18 2008 9:29 PM:
"So (excepting anything from Peter Belt/PWB which IS sheer insanity) what is your nomination for 'Silliest' hifi product?"

It comes from my home country of the Netherlands, brought to you by one of the leading hifi cable suppliers in the world, who's brainchild basically got a little bit carried away with his own theories on one particular product (it's embarrassing):

"The health ring": http://www.vandenhul.com/p_IXXX.aspx

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Silliest tweak ... a certain journalist (which I normally respect) suggesting that aligning screwheads on plugs etc improves sound.

Silly (and expensive) products ... Mpingo/Shun Mook discs, cones etc. I can only talk about a couple of their products which we had a long time ago. I remember us placing the things all over the place, under/on top/to the side/upside down not hearing any difference whatsoever. Well, perhaps a little but the difference could have been down to us scratching our heads and the resulting vibrations within the ears. We probably did'nt give them enough time.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

You've heard one?

Sure you two are not married?
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts