Sub Recommendation? - £500-750. Forward Facing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for recommendations for a new sub in the £500-750 region. Ideally forward facing as I live on the 1st floor of a converted Victorian house and am concerned that a downward facing sub would really impact my neighours.

I don't know if I have to match subs with the rest of the system, but I'm using Spendor A5s as my main L&R speakers in 5.1

I'd be using it mainly for movies and it needs to be relatively compact, or at least smaller than a Monolith!

This would be my first sub so any/all advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

The REL R-305 Would be a good choice, or The Superb NEW BK XXLS400-FF Subwoofer 400W RMS 12", both very good subs but for me i just love REL..

Chiswick said:
I'm looking for recommendations for a new sub in the £500-750 region. Ideally forward facing as I live on the 1st floor of a converted Victorian house and am concerned that a downward facing sub would really impact my neighours.

I don't know if I have to match subs with the rest of the system, but I'm using Spendor A5s as my main L&R speakers in 5.1

I'd be using it mainly for movies and it needs to be relatively compact, or at least smaller than a Monolith!

Many thanks.

Hi chiswick

Monitor Audio's Silver RXW-12 is also worth a look.

Btw, what av amp will you be using?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
Chiswick said:

Many thanks.

Hi chiswick

Monitor Audio's Silver RXW-12 is also worth a look.

Btw, what av amp will you be using?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

+1

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
THESTIG08 said:
The REL R-305 Would be a good choice, or The Superb NEW BK XXLS400-FF Subwoofer 400W RMS 12", both very good subs but for me i just love REL..

+1 for the XXLS 400, and the Monolith is worth a look, dependant on your final mix of listening, (movies/music ratio)

A

Anonymous

I would take a look at the B&W ASW610XP. Its basically the PV-1 in a square box, for loads less! Its also front facing, but it isnt the smallest...

pmarb

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I think it wouldn't matter which way your sub faces it will stil impact on the neighbours at volume - how about tactile transducers instead eg buttkickers, I have 2 with the sofa mounted on a plywood platform and think they are worth every penny as i live in a flat in a converted victorian house too and do most of my movie listening through headphones :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
pmarb said:
Hi, I think it wouldn't matter which way your sub faces it will stil impact on the neighbours at volume - how about tactile transducers instead eg buttkickers, I have 2 with the sofa mounted on a plywood platform and think they are worth every penny as i live in a flat in a converted victorian house too and do most of my movie listening through headphones :)

I'm married to my Buttkicker, but I'd never thought of her as a "tactile transducer" - although she undoubtedly is. :)

TRENDING THREADS