Streaming to PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Generally I listen to music from my Roksan Kandy CD player bi amped to Kandy integrated and power amps with monitor audio S6s. I love my PS3 for gaming and recently discovered TVersity for streaming music. I have ripped some cds to my laptop as WAV files and tried streaming these to ps3 (connected to amp through the rca /ps3 connection. While I love the idea of being able to store and stream, the sound quality is not what I am used to and frankly I still prefer my CDP. I have thought about getting a Dacmagic but would want to be sure that the sound quality would be very close to that as from my CD player before the investment (about £350 once decent cables have been bought).

I have also heard problems with the power supply. Has this been resolved or would I still be best getting Russ Andrews supply at another £100, taking dacmagic option to around £450?

Any help gratly appreciated!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Admittedly I haven't tried it, but given the lack of replies so far, I will say I'd be astonished if the PS3 combined with a power cable and the DacMagic would get even close to your Roksan Kandy's musical ability.

A

Anonymous

To get the best sound out of your PS3 :-

make sure u have the following settings selected in

Settings --> Music Settings

Output Frequency --> 44.1/88.2/176.4

Bitmapping --> Type 3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts