Stream vinyl to another room

theProduct

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I’d be really grateful for some help!

‘I want to be able to stream vinyl from my dining room, where my stereo is, to one or more other rooms. I’ve done a lot of research but can’t really understand what I need. I’m going to write it pretty basically and hopefully that will help.

Here’s what I’ve got

I have a project elemental turntable playing through a Marantz PM6006, with a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 9 floor standers that connect to both speaker circuits on the amp.

I play vinyl 95% of the time and I occasionally play spotify on my ipad through this system with an RCA cable.

In my lounge I have a Cambridge Audio TV5 V2.

Here‘s what I’d like to do

I want to be able to stream my vinyl to another room, e.g to a speaker or a pair of speakers in my kitchen.

It would be good if the Bluetooth function on the TV5 could be part of this but not essential.

It would be good if there was sound coming out of the Monitor Audio speakers at the same time as streaming somewhere else, but not essential.

I think this would work

A Sonos Amp or Connect, with Sonos speakers. I don’t think this would incorporate the TV5. I’m a bit put off the brand by their decision to cease support for older products but I don’t know if that would make much difference unless I was adding components from a different generation in future.

A Yamaha MusicCast WXC50 might also work, but I’m not sure. That seems more like e I’ve range though.

Could anybody help me please? Thanks!

Gray

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I’d be really grateful for some help!

‘I want to be able to stream vinyl from my dining room, where my stereo is, to one or more other rooms. I’ve done a lot of research but can’t really understand what I need. I’m going to write it pretty basically and hopefully that will help.

Here’s what I’ve got

I have a project elemental turntable playing through a Marantz PM6006, with a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 9 floor standers that connect to both speaker circuits on the amp.

I play vinyl 95% of the time and I occasionally play spotify on my ipad through this system with an RCA cable.

In my lounge I have a Cambridge Audio TV5 V2.

Here‘s what I’d like to do

I want to be able to stream my vinyl to another room, e.g to a speaker or a pair of speakers in my kitchen.

It would be good if the Bluetooth function on the TV5 could be part of this but not essential.

It would be good if there was sound coming out of the Monitor Audio speakers at the same time as streaming somewhere else, but not essential.

I think this would work

A Sonos Amp or Connect, with Sonos speakers. I don’t think this would incorporate the TV5. I’m a bit put off the brand by their decision to cease support for older products but I don’t know if that would make much difference unless I was adding components from a different generation in future.

A Yamaha MusicCast WXC50 might also work, but I’m not sure. That seems more like e I’ve range though.

Could anybody help me please? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
I suggest that you might like to follow this https://forums.whathifi.com/threads/streaming-a-cd-player.113103/ thread to its conclusion.
Whatever gets suggested / chosen there, could serve your purpose equally well.
On that thread, the source is (likely to be) the fixed analogue output from a CD player.
Your (perfect) equivalent would be the fixed analogue output from the
'Recorder audio out' sockets on your Marantz amp.

Last edited:

jjbomber

Welcome to the forum.
Your (perfect) equivalent would be the fixed analogue output from the
'Recorder audio out' sockets on your Marantz amp.

Exactly that. Experiment by getting a Bluetooth sender to send a signal to the TV5 to get comfortable with it. Then choose what bluetooth speakers you want for the kitchen.

Have you got a budget in mind? If you want a real Hi-fi answer, you can have Dynaudio active speakers in the kitchen with a Dynaudio Connect on the hi-fi. That will blow your mind, and your wallet!

iMark

I've actually tried this. Our Yamaha R-N602 has the ability to stream any source to a bluetooth receiver. We've got a little bluetooth speaker we also use in the bathroom and I could listen to record playing in the living room.

theProduct

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Whatever gets suggested / chosen there, could serve your purpose equally well.

Thanks - I saw that thread and noted that the solution depends on your equipment, so I started a new one to be specific.

Exactly that. Experiment by getting a Bluetooth sender to send a signal to the TV5 to get comfortable with it. Then choose what bluetooth speakers you want for the kitchen.

Have you got a budget in mind? If you want a real Hi-fi answer, you can have Dynaudio active speakers in the kitchen with a Dynaudio Connect on the hi-fi. That will blow your mind, and your wallet!

So a Dynaudio connect would be in budget, but could I use any bluetooth speakers with that?

jjbomber

So a Dynaudio connect would be in budget, but could I use any bluetooth speakers with that?

The Dynaudio Connect connects to the dining room stereo and sends a signal to the active Dynaudio Xeo speakers in the kitchen. The big advantage is that you control the volume on the speakers, rather than having to go back into the dining room to change the volume. You have to buy both units. The Dynaudio Xeo 2s have just been replaced, so they are going for 40% off or thereabouts. They cost £1200 new for the speakers and Connect. The similar Xeo 4s will also work. Slightly bigger in size and price.

A word of warning. If you go to audition these, you will walk out £1200 lighter with a couple of boxes under your arm!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts