Stop jumping

idc

Outwith Itunes purchases I download my music from CDs onto itunes. I clean the CDs first. I use Apple Lossless Encoder with the error correction box checked. But some still end up jumping/skipping. My most recent purchase was David Bowie's 'All Saints', and the beautiful 'Some Are' from the Philip Glass Low Symphony becomes unlistenable at points. Any suggestions please, avoiding jargon and complex programmes, I'm a bit simple!

A

Anonymous

Can you play the songs back smoothly direct from the CD?

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
I had a problem with this, and found that if you leave the error correction unchecked, it ripped the CD's with no problems. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I had problems with the rips when error correction was checked. The CD's were prefectly clean, and in some cases brand new.

good luck

A

Anonymous

Yeah - but to ask the question simply if you stick the CD in the drive and just press play does it play OK?

idc

Again, apologies for the time in responding to suggestions. Nothing has worked; the CD does not play without jumping depite my last response and turning off error correction made it worse. I had a look at burn programmes with error correction on the internet, has anyone got a recommendation of one to use that is compatable with itunes?

TRENDING THREADS