stick with unitiqute or go back to separates

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
i have a unitqute v1 24/96 but now have a lot of files that it won't play also it loses the connection (wired) with my synology nas although it sound excellent I can't help but miss having separates and am thinking of selling it and buying either a rotel ra04 or arcam a19 and the cambridge cxn what would you do?. My budget is about £1300

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
celsius said:
i have a unitqute v1 24/96 but now have a lot of files that it won't play also it loses the connection (wired) with my synology nas...

doesn't sound good if that's the case. You sure it's not a network issue? Last thing you want is to splash out on a load of new equipment and have the same problems. What files is it not playing?

Are you running the latest firmware on the UnitiQute? I think the current version is 4.1.

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
running latest firmware 4.1 updated last week no network problems can stream to tv and 3x laptops without trouble.it won't play a lot of flac and alac files and some wav files.The sony portable plays them all okay.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What's Naim like as a company when it comes to solving customer problems like this? I don't have any past history with them, but some companies will bend over backwards to help you while other companies aren't interested.

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
What's Naim like as a company when it comes to solving customer problems like this? I don't have any past history with them, but some companies will bend over backwards to help you while other companies aren't interested.

The latter. Non existant customer service.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
celsius said:
i have a unitqute v1 24/96 but now have a lot of files that it won't play also it loses the connection (wired) with my synology nas although it sound excellent I can't help but miss having separates and am thinking of selling it and buying either a rotel ra04 or arcam a19 and the cambridge cxn what would you do?. My budget is about £1300

I would recommend you stick with what you have until you find the real cause without a doubt. Check the following:

-what do the specifications say about the file types it can play?

-List the files it cannot play In real life (also file types and bitrates). Try to find a match with the previous list.

-if not all items are covered, try to eliminate possible causes 1 by 1. Play the same files causing trouble via a usb stick plugged into the unityqute. Play wireless airplay or dlna. Try converting the files into a format that does seem to work with the unityqute.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
celsius said:
running latest firmware 4.1 updated last week no network problems can stream to tv and 3x laptops without trouble.it won't play a lot of flac and alac files and some wav files.The sony portable plays them all okay.

doesn't sound good as it's meant to support those file types. Are you connected via wireless or ethernet? Just that sometime wireless connections can be flaky and give bandwidth issues, so always better to have a ethernet (wired) connection at the very least to test these things.

Also might be worth seeing if you can (and if you want to) do a factory reset on the unit and start from scratch.

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
reset to factory settings a few times, its a wired gigabit connection and i have also put the files on a usb stick and tried but the display says cant play unsupported file and then locks up for a few seconds then goes back to start of playlist.I have used the naim forums but they don't tell me more than i already know.Think I will be taking it to audio t next week to see what they can do or they can send it to naim

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
reset to factory settings a few times, its a wired gigabit connection and i have also put the files on a usb stick and tried but the display says cant play unsupported file and then locks up for a few seconds then goes back to start of playlist.I have used the naim forums but they don't tell me more than i already know.Think I will be taking it to audio t next week to see what they can do or they can send it to naim

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
yup, defintely sounds like there is an issue with it somewhere, especially as you appear to have tried all the troubleshooting steps. Good luck with getting it fixed! Either way, I guess you want to get it sorted as the last thing you want to do is be out of pocket if you decided to sell it as you'd probably want to being those issues to light.

I guess the only other option I can think of if you haven't tried already, (I don't even know if it is possible) is to downgrade the firmware?

jjbomber

celsius said:

It shouldn't play any ALAC files. You need the UnitiQute 2 for that. FLAC and WAV should be fine. Check to see what software version you are on. It needs to start with a 3 to get ALAC, Spotify Connect etc. it needs a hardware update to get updated from the old 2 point something to three point something else.

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I been thinking of getting a naim unitiqute, for a long time. As I want to go down to one box. I have arcam a19. If you get it fix. And would like to swap it for my Arcam A19, with box etc ,plus with some money off me, in the future. Just let me know.

Paul from Warrington

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts