Stereo Amplifier For B & W 603S3 Part-II

kingcrimson

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
hi everybody,in response to the first thread of the topic:

Auditioned some amplifiers in the nearest big city in India.

NAD 355 BEE +B&W 685 speakers-sounded good.could not compare the duo with another set.

Dali Concept 6 speakers with CA 650A, Creek Evo, Arcam A90, Sugden mystro.

I found the CA to be ?shrilly.

the fun started with the next 3-- Creek---for the first time i found music to be warm detailed and doing"funny things" .music was music!bass was less than with arcam but tighter.

arcam was even warmer in sound but i found the bass to be heavy---paired finally with the B&W, would it be even more bassy?

Sugden was wow!but frankly out of my reach at Pound 1350!

any thoughts .

there is probably no way that i can pair the creek/arcam/sugden with any B&W,so any inputs appreciated.

airconace

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't give up on the Sugden Mystro, I bought both the amp AND the matching cd player on Flea Bay for £1350, still new in their boxes.

Be patient..................

Not enough, be more patient than that!!

A

Anonymous

kingcrimson said:
hi everybody,in response to the first thread of the topic:

Auditioned some amplifiers in the nearest big city in India.

NAD 355 BEE +B&W 685 speakers-sounded good.could not compare the duo with another set.

Dali Concept 6 speakers with CA 650A, Creek Evo, Arcam A90, Sugden mystro.

I found the CA to be ?shrilly.

the fun started with the next 3-- Creek---for the first time i found music to be warm detailed and doing"funny things" .music was music!bass was less than with arcam but tighter.

arcam was even warmer in sound but i found the bass to be heavy---paired finally with the B&W, would it be even more bassy?

Sugden was wow!but frankly out of my reach at Pound 1350!

any thoughts .

there is probably no way that i can pair the creek/arcam/sugden with any B&W,so any inputs appreciated.

The likes of the Arcam and NAD amps would be a very good fit IMO for the B&W speakers

Having owned them and the 604's as well; I always ran them with an Arcam Alpha 10 and 10P power amp but the Alpha 10 integrated on its own ran them superbly. The likes of an Arcam FMJ A32 integrated would be a good fit too; both can be found on eBay etc...

The NAD C355EE and C356BEE integrated amps would be great but for that extra control, dont rule out the NAD C375BEE or even a NAD C370 amp via eBay again

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Get the Sugden....you'll only end up there anyway, but through a more convoluted, more expensive and less satisfying route. :)

If you like "the Sugden sound", everything at that price is likely to come up short.

This is, of course only my opinion.....but based on years of experience. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts