stands for ATC scm 109s

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I assume you meant scm19. I used Atacama HMS2 with mine. This is the only pic I have of them together, they were a really good fit though.

4036665049_d1b3bf5dd3.jpg

Ahhh, laminate flooring! Glad to be shot of it, horrible stuff.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you asked the manufacturer what they recommend?

I was recommended these by one speaker manu. : at £60 they cetainly look good value.
Fisual Dynami Speaker Stands - Gloss Black

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
Have you asked the manufacturer what they recommend?

I asked ATC when I had the 19s, they use(d) Atacama at shows but didn't have any specific recommendations. The 19s are big, heavy speakers, so best on something burly to stop them being top heavy and prone to toppling over if knocked.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Craig M. said:
I assume you meant scm19. I used Atacama HMS2 with mine. This is the only pic I have of them together, they were a really good fit though.

4036665049_d1b3bf5dd3.jpg

Ahhh, laminate flooring! Glad to be shot of it, horrible stuff.

Have you moved or got a carpet? Are there any pics of your current system floating about?

OP you need big and heavy stands, either Craig's recommendation or dreadnought broadsides.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The ones I suggested are similar to some of the Atamacas and they are fillable, these were reco. by an active speaker man. so they are fairly heavy as the have amps and dacs inside them and they are £1,250 to £3,500, I was expecting them to say something a lot more expensive. If you want weight and bulk then the Partingtons are probably a good bet.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Carpet. System now 'fires' down the length of the room.

I think there's some pics of my current lot on ATC forum, but not in its present location.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
The ones I suggested are similar to some of the Atamacas and they are fillable, these were reco. by an active speaker man. so they are fairly heavy as the have amps and dacs inside them and they are £1,250 to £3,500, I was expecting them to say something a lot more expensive. If you want weight and bulk then the Partingtons are probably a good bet.

From memory the SCM 19s are quite a bit heavier and a lot bigger than the ADMs, my stands are about 25kg each (filled). Having said that, the ones you mentioned are almost as big as the Atacama stands so should be fine.

Edit: Actually, given the size of the 19s, the OP might want to think about something a bit shorter than the average stand, depending on the height of his sofa. I could've easily used something 10cm shorter.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I think height is quite important, is the tweeter supposed to be level with your ears? The next stands I will get will be a bit higher, the ones i mentioned are 66cms which for me/sofa would be about right, I think the Dreads are 60cm?

I agree about laminate, does carpet sound better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts