Squeezebox Touch now available for Pre-Order @ £207.20 (using discount code)

John Duncan

ooo shiny

13589.1.0.jpg

A

Anonymous

Does the Touch come with a remote so I can sit on the sofa drinking Rioja and changing tracks or is it all done on the touch screen?

A

Anonymous

Juzzie Wuzzie:Anyone know if it will play my Apple Lossless files off of my Buffalo Linkstation Pro NAS? If so, fantastic, I want one. If not ....

Audio formats
    • MP3, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless
      WMA Lossless, APE, MPC and WavPack supported through transcoding
      Some formats may require additional software installation (e.g. QuickTime), depending on platform

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure I really see the point of this? Unless you're sitting next to it what use is the screen? My Sonos ZP sits on my rack, next to the Amp, it's 3m away, I wouldn't be able to read the screen from there.

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with that

I wonder if you are better off with the AE using an ipod itouch? That way at least you have the artwork and info you need at reach anywhere in the house. Granted you will not be able to play the same tune throughout the house but most people won't want that anyway

just an idea..

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:I'm not sure I really see the point of this? Unless you're sitting next to it what use is the screen? My Sonos ZP sits on my rack, next to the Amp, it's 3m away, I wouldn't be able to read the screen from there.

The Touch seems to sit in the Squeezebox range between the Boom and the Duet - but as you say - whats the point? It doesn't have the speakers (Boom) or the flexibility (Duet controller).

Juzzie Wuzzie

Cinema Paradiso:
I have to agree with that

I wonder if you are better off with the AE using an ipod itouch? That way at least you have the artwork and info you need at reach anywhere in the house. Granted you will not be able to play the same tune throughout the house but most people won't want that anyway

just an idea..

I think the issue is that the Remote programme doesn't seem to work with the NAS - i.e. my MBP needs to be on as well as the NAS - but otherwise, you would be right. I tried using g/f's iPhone Remote application with just the NAS and it doesn't see it. Any suggestions as I would prefer to get a touch and avoid the Logitech? Already have the AE express.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts