Squeezebox Touch is Hi-Fi...?

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
IMO, yes. As a confirmed Cyrus fan (playing Rock, Alt.Rock, Punk, Indie, Jazz, Country, Funk and other stuff), I'm surprisingly thrilled by how the SBT squares up to the CDP, and for a fraction of the cost. It's a bit fiddly, but sonically it seems to be Hi-Fidelity and I think I like it.

Currently listening to: Pearl Jam: Binaural (Drums sound amazing)

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I say; why not? many people give hi-fi credentials to, for example, various iPods and stuff (which I think sounds crappy compared not only to proper hi-fi but also my 6-year-old iRiver mp3 player), so I guess SB shouldn't be discriminated with this regard.

BTW. I think my laptop external USB soundcard - Creative x-fi, deserves to be hi-fi too! :p

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
well looking at your kit list Gusbol, I would hope it is! out of interest do you store on PC, NAS and does this include a DAC set-up? (the Cyrus amp includes a separate DAC input doesn't it?)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Digital technology has made high quality sound, far more affordable and some may say cheap, but good speaker and amplifier solutions are still going to cost a lot more in relative terms for high quality.

Hi-Fi means high fidelity and not high expense, although quality does come at a price in most cases.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Sb touch is not just hifi, it is excellent hifi.

See my experience of directly comparing it with much more expensive benchmark hdr dac in my "my system" thread.

A system consisting of a nas, the touch, and good active speakers controlled from an idevice is only abt 2 grand and very very hard to beat both for sound and convenience. Add a sub for another grand and it is almost as good as it gets.

Spending anything more than that is highly questionable.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
HDNumpty said:
well looking at your kit list Gusbol, I would hope it is! out of interest do you store on PC, NAS and does this include a DAC set-up? (the Cyrus amp includes a separate DAC input doesn't it?)

I've got a 1TB external drive plugged into an old Dell Dimension PC which is plugged directly into the SBT via USB. Not entirely sure whether I've got it connected in the best way but I can't hear any difference to the CDP (meaning it sounds great).

The Amp does not have a DAC but I'm interested to find out if something like the Rega or Audiolab will add anything; especially with High Resolution downloads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts