Speakers & receiver for £2,000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have about £2000 to spend on a receiver and speakers to complete my home cinema set up.

I listen to a lot of music as well so I would need something that's not too shabby with that too.

I would prefer having floor-stands at the front but if there's a better combination of book-shelf speakers and stands then I'm happy to have a listen.

Any suggestions?  Also, what sort of ratio of budget between receiver and speakers should I be aiming for?

I intend to demo a few systems so at the moment I'm just looking for ideas about what to try.

Thanks!

With regards to the ratio, I think if you spend 60% on the speakers & 40% on the receiver, that will be a good balance.

An example would be this, which is similar to my setup:

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/monitor_audio_r270hd10.shtml

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/yamaha_rxv2065.shtml

If you buy the lot from Sevenoaks, you'll get 15% offMonitor Audio speakers when buying an AV receiver as well from them:

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvisionoffers.co.uk/offers.htm

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The recommendation by BigBoss is a good one. Depending whether you're after slimline speakers or normal hi-fi speakers, you could also look at the Bronze range. There may also be a few of the older RS series left, especially the RS5 at about £250 - the only drawback is tracking down a matching centre, although some people have bought Radius 250HD's or GSLCR's to match in.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I was thinking about the 270s but haven't seen any write ups of them anywhere?

Similarly for the Bronze MAs, has the line-up been updated recently (& 2065 for that matter)?

I like the look of the silver series but with a reasonable receiver they come to around £2500 which is a bit more than I was thinking of. ÿOne of the guys in Sevenoaks was suggesting the s model sub, does anyone know if it's changed much in the new range?

I was really looking for normal speakers but if the difference in quality is small then the slimline would be marginally more convenient.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I was referring the the RS series rather than the RX series, but there is a way for you to get the RX series and decent AV amp for your budget.

Firstly, looking at the RS sub (RSW12) will bring the cost of the package down as it can be had for around £350, which is half that of the RXW12. Also, you could wait a little while to add the rear speakers, which means you can concentrate your budget on the all important front 3 speakers initially, which means you'll have a much better system long term.

If you were looking at the RX6's and RXLCR, this would leave around £1k for your AV receiver and sub, which will get you the RXV2065 at £699. £250 for an RSW12 will take you £50 over budget.

Don't forget this is based on the full rrp of the RX6's and RXLCR - your dealer might do you a little of those too.

TRENDING THREADS