speakers position

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Dear All,

I have my sistem in my Livingroom (unfortunately I do not have a special room). teh living room is quite big and has a shoebox form. it is about 5 meters wide and 10 long. I am not sure about the best position of the speakers. some one told me that the best is to make a triangle trying to ahve the same distance between the speakers and me. at the moment I have the speakers about 4 mt separated and I sit my self about the same distance from the speakers. today trying to find some information about this matter I read the the best is to put the speakers separated from them salfe arround 5 feets for small rooms and 7 for bigger ones.

waht do you think? any recomendation?

btw I am thinking to ad the pre power Caspina to my sistem. will this make an improvment?

thank you in advance

Eduardo

Golly640

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My lounge is about 6 x 6 meters but with ceiling at 3.5 meters high. Best sound I get is with speakers well away from walls and other things at least 1 meter clearance. So mine sit well into the room 3.5 meters apart and 4 meters from listening position.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I should say that putting the speakers in free space gives you the best free from walls sound. The idstance from the sidewalls a bit different then from the backwall. Fortunately you do have a big room. Unfortunately it is also your living room. I would try some different positions. To me it is better to sit a little further from the speakers e.g. speakerdistance is 3,5 m and you sit at 4 to 4,5 m. I think that gives you the best constant imaging, and no hole in the center. You could also experiment with toe-in of the speakers.

Good luck!

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Toe-in means the angle-in of the speakers compared to them positioned straight ahead. You should try different angles of toe-in and even try position your speakers straight ahead. Listen to the difference in soundstage, and also soundbalance because having the tweeters positioned wright on you sounds different from them positioned straight ahead. A few degrees difference might change a lot!.

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
ahh OK. yes, U have the speakers slighly pointig to the listen point. I llike this way better than straight ahead.

will try diferent angels.

kr

Eduardo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts