Speakers Ordered, Just Need the Snow to Stop!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well, after numerious debates, measuring up the centre, discussions with my wife and help from forum members, I have finally started to order my new setup, starting with:

Gloss White RXC Centre

Gloss White RX1's (Front left & right)

and brackets.

FX surrounds and a change of subwoofer to follow when the budget allows.

All I now need is for this snow to stop (7 inches I have just measured in Manchester), so that Monitor Audio can ship my speakers to my local dealer.

Can't wait to hear them.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, I'd wait until the snow has gone before getting those gloss white speakers - if the delivery driver puts them down you won't find them again until it thaws...

nads

EDITED BY MODS for inappropriate language.

how do countries that get more snow than this manage?

by being ready.

says someone who was stuck in a 4 hour snow jam in Denmark just before Xmas. But still got through the tunnel before it had problems.

2000km drive home (Top Gear style) is fun.

A

Anonymous

nads:

by being ready.

and by spending billions to be ready because they have to. It isn't often that we have this much snow here and It wouldn't make sense if we spent as much money being "ready" as Russia for example.

A

Anonymous

Stereolad:and by spending billions to be ready because they have to. It isn't often that we have this much snow here and It wouldn't make sense if we spent as much money being "ready" as Russia for example.

It probably cost the country as a whole more not to be ready than to make sure we are ready with the right equipment and the right amount of grit, etc. We do get snow every year around the same time, so the "it isn't that often" excuse doesn't hold either.

7" in Manchester is looking promising for a white cover in London by tomorrow morning. Here's hoping... :eek:)

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Yes, I'd wait until the snow has gone before getting those gloss white speakers - if the delivery driver puts them down you won't find them again until it thaws...

That'snow joke, that is awful.

A

Anonymous

I am from canada, and I am used to it snowing for two weeks straight.

I like when the country goes to a standstill over here with a couple inches.. LOL

I love the snow, makes me miss home

nads

Stereolad:nads:

by being ready.

and by spending billions to be ready because they have to. It isn't often that we have this much snow here and It wouldn't make sense if we spent as much money being "ready" as Russia for example.

sorry i meant the People being ready, tyres that are only just legal or are a road slick is not ready for winter.

also most Nordic countries dont salt as it only works at down to about -7 deg. C (yes they do grit the roads. they also salt the gravel roads in the summer to keep the dust down).

In Germany if you do not have Winter tyres on and are involved in any RTA it is 100% your fault. (i think it is when the temp is below +7 deg.C that they are needed).

Oh well back to sunny Sweden for me, been the snowiest Xmas for me for may years.

-12 and inches of snow.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts