Speakers or amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My old Mission 700S started buzzing a couple of months ago, so I was getting around to replacing them as I've had them about 35 years now. I spotted some Mission bookshelf speakers in one of those Cash generator shops and decided to give them a try. The bloke in the shop said I could bring them back if they were no good. They sounded OK for the first 20-30 mins and then started to buzz with the bass. Took them back and they gave me the money back no problem, but the tech guy there said that the speakers must be OK as they worked to start with.

I was going to get some Audio Monitor Bronze speakers to replace the Missions, now I'm not sure if it might be the amplifier, a NAD Series 20 3020.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Ed

A

Anonymous

it's unlikely to be the speakers if there was a buzz from all four of them.....

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:it's unlikely to be the speakers if there was a buzz from all four of them.....

The two 'new' speakers sounded really good to start with, then the sound became very distorted.

I'll get someone to check the amplifier for me, thanks Max.

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:They have 'Tech' guys at the cash generator stores???

Yes, he seemed to know what he was talking about...he checks all the electrical equipment, I'm no expert though!

A

Anonymous

I've still got my old amp up in the loft somewhere, thats even older and I'd completely forgotten about it!

It's a Sansui AU101 that was still in use up until two years ago when I inherited the NAD, must be nearly 40 years old and it was still working well.

Thanks for that post Simon, you might've saved me a few quid.

I'll have a look for it later and see if I can get my old system up and running again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts