Speakers for smaller room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, i have just moved house and my hifi my listeneng room is now smaller in size, looking for speakers preferrable sealed box or front ported to go with my Creek Evo 2 as my quads need a bit more room than i can give them and are sounding a tad boomy, any ideas on what will work well with creek, seen ATC SCM 7's for £500, but not sure if my creek can drive these to get the best out of them

Any suggestions much appreciated

Darren

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, there a good price, seen good reviews of them and i know Epos and Creek are supposed to work well together, would they be suitable for a small room tho?

Dazzler123:
Hello, i have just moved house and my hifi my listeneng room is now smaller in size, looking for speakers preferrable sealed box or front ported to go with my Creek Evo 2 as my quads need a bit more room than i can give them and are sounding a tad boomy, any ideas on what will work well with creek, seen ATC SCM 7's for £500, but not sure if my creek can drive these to get the best out of them

Any suggestions much appreciated

Darren

Hi Dazzler123

Your Creek Evo 2 amplifier has more than sufficient quality of power to drive ATC's SCM7 monitors. SCM7's are closed box designs and importantly are flat and honest which will make it far easier to positon in a room without the bass geting itself into a twist.

Btw, as has already been suggested Dynaudio's DM 2/6's are also worth considering.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Epos are a very good match as suggested but not front ported. The best speakers within your budget we've heard partnered to either the Evo 2 or even the older Evo are Focal 806 or even the Focal 706. In either case, it can drive these or the ATC's as suggested with a healthy 80W per channel. Best bet is to audition a few possibilities - if you can. If I was choosing blind, the Focal 806 are a safe choice providing you're happy with slightly larger stand mount speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions, auditioning unfortunately is not easy where i am as involves a bit of travel for nearest hifi dealer. Im pretty swayed on the sealed box design but read about the new Epos Epic range recently and was wondering if anyone has heard them. Epic 1's are suppossedly ok for placing near rear walls and obviously there is the eposCreek synergy benefit

A

Anonymous

Dazzler123:

Thanks for the reply, there a good price, seen good reviews of them and i know Epos and Creek are supposed to work well together, would they be suitable for a small room tho?

As you can see in my topic, similarities are uncanny, I had an opportunity to test Epos M12 and they go well with Creek evo 2 combo . however only concern is positioning since on the official web page manufacturer has set 20 cm as a minimum distance to rear wall.

A

Anonymous

ideally looking at either against the wall or something that will be ok nearer 10 cm from back wall

Dazzler123:
ideally looking at either against the wall or something that will be ok nearer 10 cm from back wall

Hi Dazzler123

SCM7's
emotion-21.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi There,

Interesting topic and has some relevance to my predicament.

Do bookshelf speakers work / sound near there best on a bookshelf or in my case, on a sideboard?

Soundstage will be compromised by speaker distance but I have 13month old son who is inquisitive and my B&W MT20 surrounds are currently packed away, except for sub (hard baffle) and 2 * M1 on said sideboard.

I am half considering Garage conversion but will be very small room after soundproofing (7ft * 10ft) and not sure will be worth the effort or not.

I already badly miss my old Naim/spendor system, regretting changing for more room / child friendly (so I thought) surround syste,, but am now seriously missing 5.1 SACD / DVD Audio music.

I have Arcam AVR280 and Marantz DV6001 for reference. I guess may need to upgrade also, but wondered if the SCM7 or Dynaudios would work well with other kit on sideboard right against (5cm) wall OR in small garage conversion??

Like Dazzler123 could consider wall mounting although room layout not ideal.

Any advice greatly appreciated as going mad without music!

Ambrose

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts