Speakers for small room and Nad C326 BEE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all, I have to buy a pair of speakers for my little room and my Nad C326 Bee, the room is 10-12 meters but I still don't know if will place the system in this room or in one larger 20 meters..

Now, the choice I have to do will be betweend these models, could you help to me?

Monitor Audio Silver RX1

Dynaudio DM 2/6

Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2

I'm thinking to buy the Dynaudio DM 2/6. Many people told me they are the best in this group. Is is true?

And for my little rooms, is it possible and could be a good choice think to buy the other model Dynaudio DM 2/7 or the woofer in this case will be too mucn hard to handle in my little space?

Please don't say to me other models, because are many weeks I'm "studing" a good solution and now I will take a decision just betweend these 3/4 models...

Please help me. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Both the Dynaudio DM2/6's and Monitor Audio RX1's are superb speakers; however you've missed a little middle ground where the B&W 685's and the Monitor Audio RX2's fall in as well as the KEF Q300's etc...

It'd be handy to know what music it is you generally listen to; what your overall budget is and also what your source is (i.e. CD player, PC/Mac via DAC etc...)

For the the M/A RX1's and the Dynaudio DM2/6's are superb speakers and will suit the NAD C326BEE amp very well indeed. However, the B&W 685's and the M/A RX2's will also work VERY well (for me it'd be one of those 2 speakers over the Dynaudio's or the M/A RX1's).

I've heard the KEF Q300's with a number of amps and CDp's inc the NAD and TBH they're not my favourites; I've never liked the KEF sound but they do get superb reviews so shouldnt be discounted. Another lot of speakers to possibly consider would be the QUAD 12L2's; again very good speakers indeed but can be a bit mellow at times!

Dont forget that all the above speakers need to have good stands for them to work aqt their best. IMO the Partington Super Dreadnoughts would be spot on but the likes of the Atacama Nexus 6i's, Atacama HMS1's/HMS2's or the Partington Ansa stands will all do well. Also ideally they need to be mass-loaded with the likes of Atacama Atabites etc...

A

Anonymous

My music is Rock music... but not only this one. I love to listen all kinds of music... Blues, Classical, Pop, Metal, Grunge... Houese, DIsco... Italian (I'm italian and sorry for my little english)...

I will use them for PC (maybe with a dac) and a CD Player but still I didn't buy it. About the difference PC/MAC is it a big difference in qualities?

SO that I meant is I listen really all music I like... about Dynaudio do you think DM 2/7 are too much big for a little room? And what do you think about Dynaudio Excite X12?

A

Anonymous

consenso said:
My music is Rock music... but not only this one. I love to listen all kinds of music... Blues, Classical, Pop, Metal, Grunge... Houese, DIsco... Italian (I'm italian and sorry for my little english)...

I will use them for PC (maybe with a dac) and a CD Player but still I didn't buy it. About the difference PC/MAC is it a big difference in qualities?

SO that I meant is I listen really all music I like... about Dynaudio do you think DM 2/7 are too much big for a little room? And what do you think about Dynaudio Excite X12?
i don't think there would be a problem using the dm 2/7s in a smallish room, they are incredible speakers
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

maxflinn said:
consenso said:

i don't think there would be a problem using the dm 2/7s in a smallish room, they are incredible speakers
smiley-smile.gif

what is the difference between Dynaudio DM 2/ 7 and Excite series for example X12, why this last one cost more than DM 2/7?

But the Dynaudio DM 2/7 how much far from the wall (on the back) they need to works good?

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just bear in mind that RX1 or RX2 are both rear ported and might not be suitable for small rooms. You need to provide sufficient back and side space for them to avoid boomy bass. Otherwise they are excellent speakers. I am using RX1 as well and they sound excellent with my Leema.

TRENDING THREADS