Speakers for Naim Nait XS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member of the forum and I need some advice as I'm thinking of buying a hi-fi system...not anything overkill billionaire hi-end system, just a really good hi-fi. :)

The main characteristic of the system must be fast response and high discretion as I listen to aggressive music mostly. I have currently decided for a Naim Nait XS for its fast attack (anyone knows the slew rate of this amp?) and frequency separation but I must match it with a pair of similar acting speakers. They have to be fast responding too.

So the question is: What are the most suitable speakers for this amp and this application in the amp's price range 1000 - 1500 euros?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The slew rate is a little like watts per channel - it's a rough idea, but doesn't really tell you the whole story.

The most popular manufacturers our customers choose with Naim are Spendor, ProAc, PMC, and probably now Neat as we have taken those on. Judging by your requirements, I'd stick to standmounts, as these tend to give a faster presentation than floorstanders (generalisation) as they don't dig as deep, and amplifiers find them easier to control.

Within your budget, I'd try the PMC TB2i, Neat Petite SX, KEF XQ20, and the ATC SCM11. There are numerous other ones I could mention that we keep, but I find they are more bass heavy, or a warmer sound, which tends to slow things down a little, which is the opposite to what you're after.

A

Anonymous

Hey, thanks for the reply David!

Yeah I saw those brands on google when I searched for fast response speakers...It's alright about the extra bass (you know when listening to Heavy Metal and stuff). If the lows of those models are enough I'd be fine I guess. I just don't want to go to the other side having a lightning fast but empty sound. A fast but also heavy sound would be ideal. I'm gonna search about those models...cheers!

It's good to know about the standmounts being faster...so maybe a pair of fast tracking standmounts with a good but not overly dominant bass response is the key...
emotion-40.gif

Many thanks!

Vangelis

A

Anonymous

Hi Vangelis

If you can you should have a listen to some Dynaudio, since you're looking for a meaty sound, the bookshelf models go quite well with Naim. The Focus and Excite ranges are just up your street w.r.t price. Let us know how you get along.

Cheers,
Siva

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
agree, standmount and a good sub for more bass if you need it. To be honest, the Naim amp in question has probably neither the power or control for full bandwidth floorstanders. Nice n'punchy though.

A

Anonymous

I am using Spendor A6 with my system - I picked them up ex dem for 1400 sterling. Great sound.

But also have used PMC DB1 which are brilliant standmounters

SIGNATURE

AV : Denon 2309 Nait XS , Spendor A6 fronts, Band W 685 rears, sub, CM1 centre, Pana 35 BD , qed cable to surrounds, NACA5 to fronts

Stereo: Nait CD 5X, Nait XS, Flat cap 2x , Spendor A6 , Beresford Caiman Dac, NACA5

A

Anonymous

hi dformic

my set up is nait xs amp nain cd5xs with a flatcap powering both the cd 5xs and the preamp. the speakers are made near glasgow by a company called mowgan they are the 2nd speaker up in there range (artio) i am terminaly ill with lung cancer cannot go out a lot soo i get to spend a lot of time listening to my cd collection i think these speakers sound superb. they came all the way from glasgow set them up for me there telephone no is 01389 711222 and email address is www.mogan-audio.co.uk with naim din interconects and mark grant supleid belden 5000 speaker cable and power cords.hope this is a help. bill at mowgan is a great guy to talk to.

glyn
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts