Speakers for Marantz PM6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am on speakers for a Marantz PM6003 amp. Perhaps you can assit with my choice. I mostly stream music from my laptop.

I have done loads of reading. From my research so far I have narrowed my choice to Dali Lektor 2, and Monitor Audio Bx2. In that price range for second hand. Unless you suggest differently. Which is the more detailed? I am more attracted to that quality in my maturing years.

The sound I am looking for is detailed and atmospheric. I listen to most noisy hard rock. I realy do not want a boomy base as I do not want to deturb the neibours.

Thanks for your sound attention

Jon

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I like both the Monitor Audio BX2 and Dali Lektor 2 speakers. The BX2 is more detailed.........

You could also try the Boston A25 speaker. I got a very, very good review in a dutch magazine. These speakers are voiced by Ken Ishiwata so they should sound good with Marantz.

J said:
Hi,

I am on speakers for a Marantz PM6003 amp. Perhaps you can assit with my choice. I mostly stream music from my laptop.

I have done loads of reading. From my research so far I have narrowed my choice to Dali Lektor 2, and Monitor Audio Bx2. In that price range for second hand. Unless you suggest differently. Which is the more detailed? I am more attracted to that quality in my maturing years.

The sound I am looking for is detailed and atmospheric. I listen to most noisy hard rock. I realy do not want a boomy base as I do not want to deturb the neibours.

Jon

Hi Jon

Apart from your laptop do you use any other source component/s?

Do you already have a pair of speakers? If so, what are they?

What is the size of your room?

Is the room lightly of heavily furnished?

Room positioning of the speakers (distance to walls/corners, anything in between the speakers such as sofa, chimney breast etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Walls (concrete, brick etc.)?

Would you stand, shelf or wall mount the speakers?

Will anything be in the way of the speakers?

Floor (concrete, carpeted, wooden etc.)?

Your listening distance?

Your general listening level?

Would you use the tone controls on the PM6003?

The speaker cables you will be using?

Are you after second hand/used or a new pair of speakers?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Jon...My little Dali's are great little rockers for the money and go surprisingly low
smiley-laughing.gif

From what you say it sounds as if the neighbours could be the biggest issue with the heavy rock. Boomy no, but firm and adequate enough to get the the china rattling on the shelves next door
smiley-tongue-out.gif

A

Anonymous

Musicraft, a lot of answer will be complemented after I get the speakers. I would choose floor stands, cables and the positioning of the speakers to match them; I am flexible. The room is of moderate size and lightly furnished with sofa and wooden floor. Listening distance 2-3 meters. I use the tone control on and off depending on the volume which ranges from loud to soft, and the presence of the neighbours
smiley-tongue-out.gif
. I always play with the grafic equaliser on my computer. I am saving up for a matching Marantz CD player. I am looking for 2nd hand speakers.

Nooby like your answer, reviews of the of the Dali's seems positivly impressive.

I have been looking at the Monitor Audio speaker RS1 which I could possibly get for a very good price. Reviews reveal they have a very detailed sound, maybe lacking on the base a bit ... which can be picked up well with good floor stands. I wonder how the RS1 compares to the BX2?

Regards

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I had the Monitor Audio RS1 for a while and couldn't live with the harsh sound it gave me. The BX2 and Lektor 2 are better choices IMO.

J said:
Musicraft, a lot of answer will be complemented after I get the speakers. I would choose floor stands, cables and the positioning of the speakers to match them; I am flexible. The room is of moderate size and lightly furnished with sofa and wooden floor. Listening distance 2-3 meters. I use the tone control on and off depending on the volume which ranges from loud to soft, and the presence of the neighbours
smiley-tongue-out.gif
. I always play with the grafic equaliser on my computer. I am saving up for a matching Marantz CD player. I am looking for 2nd hand speakers.

Nooby like your answer, reviews of the of the Dali's seems positivly impressive.

I have been looking at the Monitor Audio speaker RS1 which I could possibly get for a very good price. Reviews reveal they have a very detailed sound, maybe lacking on the base a bit ... which can be picked up well with good floor stands. I wonder how the RS1 compares to the BX2?

Regards

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply.

Monitor Audio's RS1's remain an excellent designs and by all means look at them however i think the safest bet will be the BX2's :)

Btw, Soundstyle Z2 or XS122 speaker stands are worth a look and standard speaker cables with a minimum of 79 strands will do the trick.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

J said:
Hi,

Jon

Can't you audition any speakers? If you look on Audio-Ts website or Sevenoaks Sound and Vision they have a list of various ex-dem/shand stuff. At least you can hear the potential speakers and be assured of a warranty.

TRENDING THREADS