admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am have the following Equipment.

TV - Philips 37PF9631D/10 37" LCD TV

Amp - Cambridge Audio AZUR 340A

CD Player - Cambridge Audio AZUR 340C

Speakers - Wharfedale DIAMOND 9.1

Currently I have the TV setup to go through the camdridge audio amp which sounds good but I would like to get things setup with 5.1 surround sound to make the most of sky+ HD and blu rays via my PS 3. The may thrust of my question is which speakers I can use to achieve this. I live in a flat and therefore space is a premium and currently my stereo sits under the TV with the Wharefdale speakers either side. If I buy an AV reciever can I use the wharefdale speakres for the left and right speakers and then the TV speaker below the TV as central speaker and then purchase two rear speakers. Probably missing something but need to minimise the amount of equipment I have.

Also I am Currently looking at the following home cinema Amp. Cambridge Audio Azur 340R and the Yamaha DSP-AX763. Could I then put my CD player through these Amps and replace my Cambridge Audio AZUR 340A.

Thanks for any advice you could give me.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I doubt if you can use the integral speaker on the TV as a centre, but the Wharfs can be used as left and right. You could go to a 2.1 or 3.1 system if you don't have much room, and upgrade later if you move somewhere bigger.ÿ

The CA AV Receiver is reviewed hereÿhttp://whathifi.com/Review/Cambridge-Audio-Azur-340R/ andÿthe Yamaha is very well regarded too. The Yamaha is probably a better buy and is good value at RS in the sale - £299, I think, but the CA review notes it is good with music, as you want. Generally, any AVR will play CD content but it will probably be a compromise compared to aÿdedicatedÿHiFi amp. ÿ

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Don't know how you could use your TV speaker, but you could easily build a nice compact surround system based on your exisitng Wharfedale 9.1 front speakers. You could use the pre-outs on the Yamaha 763 to drive your 9.1 front speakers from your CA amp and thereby maintain a brilliant stereo set-up and add the centre speaker from the Diamond 9.0 series (nice compact speaker) for about £50. The 9.0 surround speakers (tiny compared to the 9.1 but sound great) can be bought for as little as £75 and all 3 would be a good match for your 9.1 front speakers. The Wharfedale sub from this set-up is the SW150, highly regarded and can be had for about £185.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts