Speakers for computer - music not games

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am just about to invest in a new iMac for the missus and I thought I would also get her some new speakers. She is very musical - so decent ones are needed. She will not be playing any games. Unfortunately a normal hi-fi set up will not work as the 'puter is in our study. She is also a bit fussy about the way they look - so normal (i.e. black boxes) will not do and will spoil the look of her minimal white den (!). So they have to be stylish (well her definition of stylish anyway). The music files are flac (not sure if that makes any difference) or not. They also cannot be huge as it is a relatively small space.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

L

A

Anonymous

Ideally no more than £150 - but it really depends on the difference in quality. She will notice and she does spend 8 hours in there a day listening to music.

John Duncan

If they're allowed to look like boxes, Audioengine A2 in white:

full10_a5.jpg

If not, Harman Kardon Soundsticks, which sound surprisingly good:

2358148-harman-kardon-soundsticks-2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Or, if you double your budget, you'll get a decent pair of studio monitors, that will outperform any computer speakers by far. Genelec is the first name that comes to my mind.

A

Anonymous

I bought my ex missis some from richer sounds the other year, ill see if i can find a link, they sounded brilliant, think they were only 70 pound ish, 2 speakers and a sub by roth, hang on...

A

Anonymous

http://www.stardi.com/high-quality-2-1-speaker-system-roth-audioblob-2/

Mine where the older version of this, but in piano white, they sounded awsome, id just maybe have a look at some of the 2.1 systems that roth offer cos my old one was class.

dave

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the suggestions. It is obvious that speakers are quite a personal thing. So she will have to be happy with the iMac and she can then test drive a few of these little babies herself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts