Speakers for compact system

Pablo

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking for a pair of speakers for the Onkyo CS-N755 system. One option would be to get some basic Onkyo speakers, the other would be to find better quality ones.

One of the models I had in mind was the Dali Zensor 1. My main concern is that the recommended amplifier power for these speakers is 25-100W while the Onkyo's channel output is 2 x 22W. Do you think the configuration would still work?
I have also looked into more expensive options, like the Dali Mentor Menuet or the Bowers and Wilkins 685 S2 but I think it would be the same issue. Any suggestions / other brands I should look into?Thanks,Pablo

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
D-TK10_Front_Pair_R640x320.png

Becky_Roberts

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Pablo

The Dali Zensor 1s would indeed be a good match - or we used the Q Acoustics 2020is when we reviewed the CR-N755 (http://www.whathifi.com/onkyo/cr-n755/review), which worked well.

Becky - Staff Writer at What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision

gasolin

Just so the onkyo only had 22 watt in 4ohn at 1khz and 0.4% distortion you should go for 90 db+ sensivtive speaker i have 3x as much power (65watt) and for me 88-89 db is okay although only for bagground music it's okay not to have 90db+ sensitive speakers

You won't get better advice than Ketan's. More advanced speakers will show up the weaknesses. The ones he suggests will get the best from your Onkyo.

None will play very loud, but if that is what you need then an all in one isn't the place to begin.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol....

Do you live in a disco or something?.

A 65watt amp will drive a speaker with 89db sensitivity plenty loud.

gasolin said:
Just so the onkyo only had 22 watt in 4ohn at 1khz and 0.4% distortion you should go for 90 db+ sensivtive speaker i have 3x as much power (65watt) and for me 88-89 db is okay although only for bagground music it's okay not to have 90db+ sensitive speakers

SteveBees

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
A speaker no one really talks about the Rega RS1 until you really sit down and listen to a pair you won't give them a second look. Brilliant top end clarity and a bass I would describe as tight but relaxing when the track requires it prefer them to my Keff Q500's

matthewpiano

The very most I would recommend is the Wharfedale Diamond 220. If you stick to these or the Dali, Boston or Q Acoustics models mentioned already you will be getting most of what the Onkyo has to give. Tannoy Mercury V1s would also be worth considering.

Do not even consider the Dali Menuets unless you plan to upgrade your electronics soon. Likewise things like the B&W 685s2, Rega RS1s, KEF Q-series, Dynaudio DM series - all will be too exposing and need better amplification.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts