Speakers for Cambridge Audio Azur 351A

luisandreferreira

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I purchased a Cambridge audio azur 351a and I'm looking for a pair of speakers.

option 1: Cambridge audio aero2 330eur.

option 2: q acoustics 2020i 223 eur.

any advise?

Thanks!!

Becky_Roberts

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi luisandreferreira

if it's a chice between the two (is that for any particular reason?), we'd go for the Q Acoustics. They are better performers in terms of detail, energy and refinement, and have a nicely rounded-off treble which should help balance out the Cambridge amp's (slightly) unrefined one.

If you're open to other suggestions, may we suggest giving the £180 Wharfedale Diamond 220s a listen if you can. For outright performance, these are the best we've heard up to the £200 mark.

Hope this helps.

Becky Roberts
Staff Writer, What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision

luisandreferreira

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Becky,

Thank you for your advise.

I'm a portable audio enthusiast. I use a Chypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC/AMP with my Sennheiser HD 650 and enjoy 24bit res music on th go.

I've decided to build a modest medium sized living room hifi and I found the Cambridge Azur351a for a very good price and based on the reviews I read, I bought it.

My main use will be to plug the audio out from the Cypher Labs DAC to the Azur to list n to my hi-res files from iPad or iPhone. But of course in the future I'll use also a sacd player with the azur.

about the speakers... The choice was based on the reviews and for the fact that I want a rather small speaker set. Where I live, it's not easy to listen to this models and try them out.

ill give a look on your advise, the Wharfedale D. 220s.

thank you very much!!!

Luis André

luisandreferreira

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Becky,

Could you also tell your opinion about matching a Marantz PM6005 with the Q Acoustics 2020i?

My fatheris looking for a pair of speakers and I think it might be a good present for him.

Thank you!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts