Speaker trouble!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

I've got a pair of Tannoy F4s and Mordaunt Short 902i played through a Marantz PM 6002 amp. I'm at uni so originally just used the Mordaunt Short speakers as they're smaller and easier to transport to and from uni. We generally just play the TV, PS3 and music through the speakers. The Mordaunt Shorts at one point when we turned on the TV just sounded very muffled, sounded the same when we played music through them, with someone commenting it sounded like music underwater. We stopped using them and used some little laptop ones.

After Christmas I brought the Tannoys down and the exact same thing has happened. We were watching rugby on the tv and they were ridiculously muffled when we next played anything through them and have been the same ever since. It seems weird for the same thing to happen to both pairs of speakers, messing up all 4 of them. We don't play stuff very loudly purely for the point of not blowing them! Don't know if it's just the tweeter has gone, pretty much what we're thinking, but just seems crazy for it to happen to all of them.

Any help would be appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts