Speaker stand recommendation

bignige

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Several months back I re-decorated the room (lounge) that my system is in and had no soace for my Roksan Rok One speakers and so have had to resort to listening on headphones!!

Found some space now - but they are on the floor and backed right up against a wall and they fot that space with no further room!!

They are 440 mm x 201 mm x 340 mm (H x W x D)

I am wondering as space is at a premium if there are any stands I can get that I can safely put them on as listening with them on the floor is pretty pointless!

N

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
There are many stands available. The ting to do is work out the height you need, the tweeters should be roughly ear level at your listening position. THen it's a question of looking at different styles, have a look at Attacama, Custom Design. What sort of budget do you have in mind?

bignige

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Big H. I have found a pair that have adjustable height and may go with them.

The alternative is that I sell my Rok Ones - quite a rare speaker that sound superb - so it would be a reluctant sale!

And get myself some floor standing speakers...

Anyone interested in a swap?

N

insider9

I have a pair of Atacama SE24 near ideal stand for most bookshelves. Weighted down with sand they are awesome. Not the best looking but any speaker put on these just sounds great. Mine are not in use but considering however little I'd get for them I'd rather keep them in the garage.

Where abouts are you Nige? I could loan them until you find something more suitable.

insider9

All I remember they're 24 inches (60cm) tall. Top plate is big enough for large bookshelves. Largest I've had were EB Acoustics EB2 (450mm tall, 225mm wide, 296mm deep)

Considering tweeters are at the top in your Roskan speakers they should be fine unless your seating position is very low.

insider9

This is a random listing but shows a large pair of B&W speakers on these stands. Mine have decoupling bits (whatever they're called) on the plate also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atacama-SE-24-speaker-stands/182701928726?hash=item2a89e23116:g:Cs4AAOSwTM5Y66RP

insider9

Offer still stands (pun intended)

Send me a PM via Hifi Wigwam or AV Forums and we can exchange phone numbers. It will be easier to schedule collection via phone. There's no such facility on here unfortunately.

bignige

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Insider9

Change of plan - tried the Rok Ones on my own (Apollo) stands and the set up just did not work - they stick out from the wall so far that I could not see the TV!!! You'd see what I mean if you saw the set up. I have a fireplace and the speakers need to sit either side of it but the gap between the system rack on one side of the fireplace and the gap between the TV and the fireplace on the other side is really tight.

So, I am selling the Rok Ones - just listed them on ebay.

They are the only pair on there - they are quite rare.

So, I will have to get some floor standers asap!

Many many thanks for your kindness and the loan offer. Hope I have not messed you around.

Rgds

Nige

bignige

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I am looking at buying a pair of the above which have good reviews.

Will my Audio Analogue Puccini power them? I believe it is 40 watts per channel...

N

insider9

bignige said:
Hi Insider9

Change of plan - tried the Rok Ones on my own (Apollo) stands and the set up just did not work - they stick out from the wall so far that I could not see the TV!!! You'd see what I mean if you saw the set up. I have a fireplace and the speakers need to sit either side of it but the gap between the system rack on one side of the fireplace and the gap between the TV and the fireplace on the other side is really tight.

So, I am selling the Rok Ones - just listed them on ebay.

They are the only pair on there - they are quite rare.

So, I will have to get some floor standers asap!

Many many thanks for your kindness and the loan offer. Hope I have not messed you around.

Rgds

Nige
Not a problem at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts