Speaker Stand really usefull??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know that it is important but what makes the differences??

I have bought a pair of M12.2...Any idea of what might be best for it??

Thanks,

regards,

A

Anonymous

firstly, and arguably most importantly, is that speaker stands bring the speaker to the correct listening height - having the tweeter at (roughly) ear-level when in your listening position. in doing so you will be presented with a proper soundstage and imaging will also greatly increase.
secondly, you will help to isolate the speaker from the rest of your room. this will decrease the vibrations that reach your source and amp (vibrations have a detrimental affect upon such components). in isolating your speaker you will also find that the sound becomes more focused as the energy from the speaker (vibrations) a dissipated/ projected forwards towards the listener rather than downwards into the floor.
hope this helps

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I can't speak for other brands or models. But my Partington Trophy stands are solid and attractive and bring my speakers up to almost the right height (If my speakers weren't quite so tall, they would be at a perfect level.) Plus the bottom spikes are easily adjusted with the stand in-situ.

A

Anonymous

Thats fantastic..Helped a lot..

Padington are very good speaker stand, but too much exp for my budget...

Do you knoz epos stand speaker? any good? Atacama nexus is good aswell but, i believe, the plate is too small for the M12i. Any ideea for a less than 100 quid speaker stand.

thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Dont get to hung up about it. There are many good stands and I would listen to the dealer you bought your epos's from. He should be able to advise you correctly and lend you some to try out. Alternatively there is I believe a forum that exclusively deals with all issues Mike Creek, perhaps look that up but I'd say any decent fillable or open frame stand is suitable just depending on how you like your sound. It also depends on what kind of a floor you have. Complicated subject and just to confuse you more, rigid is not always best. Have fun.

TRENDING THREADS