speaker sounds not balance

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all..
i just noticed that my mission 753f speaker sounds is not balance. I'd tried changing connection left & right etc. but still one of the speaker sounds is not balance especially the high frequency side. Before I sent for service/repair, any opinion from you guys what will be the problems?
thanks.

A

Anonymous

I have a similar problem and I believe its down to room acoustics for me. Swapping everything L/R around makes no difference but volume does. Are your speakers placed in a non-symmetrical room location? Mine are across a corner, one side open, the other closed.

A

Anonymous

I dun think so...
originally the speaker was on the left side at the corner...then I tried to put it on the right side...later i tried swapping connection from amplifier for L/R of the speaker ...but still the problem exist...As I used 4 monoblocs.. i had switch on only the tweeter & it seems the problem comes from the tweeter...any connection inside the speaker/tweeter might be the problem?

thanks for your opinion though...

A

Anonymous

I have suffered the same with speaker placement, so i agree with iggleberts assumption even if the room has slight differences i.e. a window on one side/a cupboard on the other then there will be audible differences. I find the more i spend on hifi, the more minute changes in room furnishings have a greater affect. I noticed just by moving my DVD rack from one corner to the centre of the room improved treble response from my right speaker....wierd I know.

You say though that this is a symtom from only one speaker? one tweeter? If so, and you say you have tried channel swapping, position swapping and the problem persists with that 1 tweeter then it could be damaged. Yet I find this unlikely, usually when a tweeter has been overdriven, it melts the coil thus preventing it from working at all. Is it just more muffled and muddy than the other tweeter?

Also some recordings focus more on the left channel than the right and vice versa, try different music and see if the problem furthermore persists
emotion-21.gif

SteveR750

Phew! I'm relieved I'm not the only oe suffering from this apparent psychotic problem. In my old house, the soundstage was always wider to the left of centre, as if the right speaker was muffled. I moved house, changed my system completelyand its still there, but only on some positions. I too have an irregular shaped room, and if I lean forward about 2 ft the whole soundtsage moves 2 ft to the right and then within inches back again to centre. Changing sofas was the most effective upgrade I have made in a long time!! I am still amazed at the haphazard approach some retailers take to demos and the lack of prep of the room and its acoustics, they have such a massive effect.

A

Anonymous

It also depends on the individuals ears. I myself have superior hearing in my left ear than my right, my mates have this too, no ones ears are identical. I think i damaged my right ear drum slightly due to a few too many nights out next to massive speakers. I can tell, when I listen with only my left ear as opposed to my right I have a greater sense of depth.

Steve you are right, inches can mean the difference between audio nirvana or paranoia, I know this too. To me achieving the best possible soundstage is fraught with difficulty. My listening room is rectangle, so its not even irregular, but large objects diffuse or distort the sound.

A

Anonymous

i tried many different cds/lps ....what i can say is one speaker is less musical that the other..

A

Anonymous

then what you need is to get someone elses advice, a second opinion, then you should try and get a proffesional to look over it. If you bought them recently, or if you purchased from a dealer still in your area, take the speakers back and have them demoed there. If that problem persists, they should be guaranteed and get a service/repair.

A

Anonymous

thank you for all opinions...
i just discovered that the problem comes from the tweeter which the sound was inbalance i.e. less sound coming or "harsh" sound.

i'll send the speaker for service this weekend..

adios...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts