Speaker recommendation for older Linn system?

Godlykepower

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Evening all

Been lurking for some time, but now i need to ask a question that i can't find an answer for by searching.

I know I may well be a decade late on this, but i have recently acquired a mint condition Linn Classik, having wanted one for years.

I have my budget system which is really quite good for most siuations - a Denon DM38 with Q Acoustics 2020's - in the lounge, but having just bought my first house, i have a room I have turned into a "Man Cave" whereby i can go back to the good old days and simple pleasures of sitting, doing nowt else but listen to CD's.

Above all else, i seek clarity and definition and knowing what a Linn is capable of, would like something speaker-wise to exploit this. It's not a massive room, but not tiny either, so sheer volume is unimportant.

My shortlist so far is:

B&W 685

Monitor Audio Bronze BX2

Arcaydis DM1

I dont have many pictures of the Queen spare after the house purchase, so I have a budget circa £400 (but I could save a bit and wait for the right match if necessary.)

Does anyone have anything to add to my list or any personal experience of matching to a Linn?

Many thanks!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would consider the Kef R Series (R100 or R300) / LS50, which goes very well with Linn (imo).........so try and get a listen with your kit to see if it's worth saving for.

Godlykepower

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Sheesh, i just had a quick look at the KEF's...£1000 is out of the question for me.

When i said i would consider saving up, i meant stretching the budget to around the £500 mark!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Godlykepower said:
Sheesh, i just had a quick look at the KEF's...£1000 is out of the question for me.

When i said i would consider saving up, i meant stretching the budget to around the £500 mark!

R100s are £599 (look out for ex-dem).

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Have a look at Epos Epic 3s and Acoustic Energy 301s both about £400 both are not that common. Others I would consider are the KEF R100 and B&W 685 but you need to hear them preferrable at home, some dealers do an exchange scheme if you can't get on with your purchase.

The Arcaydis DM1 I don't think you can hear them at a dealer and believe there is a long waiting time for them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts