Speaker placement

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I went away for Xmas and when I came back I felt that my system didn't have the same sparkle as it did before. I was just sitting looking at it yesterday and I noticed that the left speaker was closer to the wall than the right one. Then I remembered that I had a display case delivered just before Xmas and I guess the speaker got moved.

Anyway I got out my tape measure and the left speaker was 8" from the wall and the right speaker was 9 1/2" from the wall. I adjusted the left speaker to match the right one and Lo and Behold the sparkle has come back.

So my message is that it pays to experiment with speaker placement.

Chris

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha - I agree - just don't let your wife/partner catch you with tape measure in hand measuring your speakers *pardon*

I got caught the other day - 'what are you doing she said?' - 'nothing darling just checking something'. To which I got that knowing look*unknw*

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Speaker placement and how your speakers interact with the room are the single most important aspect of Hi-Fi.

A well set up budget system will out perform a thrown together hi end system. Placement and support is everything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts