Speaker Packages help - Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12 or Kef R100 5.1

Nate_B

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Let's take it for granted these speakers will be powered by a sufficient quality amp and I have no issues with either floor standing or wall mounting speakers.

Does anyone have any experience of listening to both and can tell me what they thought of them and which they prefered and why?

Thanks in advance

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you get to hear both, as your preference is what counts.

FWIW. I highly rate the Kef R Series and especially LS50s (which would be my choice for AV).....They have a talent for being highly detailed, without straying into brightness.

Nate_B

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi C, Thanks for responding. Whilst I coudl mix and match the speakers I was thining about hte packages. It is going to be nigh on impossible to find a supplier of both brands where I live. Have you heard the MA?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have never heard a MA that I liked (except the R852 MD from the late 80s, which I bought)......but that is personal, and shouldn't rule it out.

dukeden

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have RX6 left and right and I'm very happy with them. Will be adding RX-FX surround speakers in the very near future. If you look under the whathifi reviews you'll see the RX6 AV12 gets a 5 star review. Best thing to do is get a demo for yourself.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Both very able and you would not go wrong with either. I would say RX6 IMO as this will also give you a better musical performace and be fantastic with films. You have more choise with floor standers in a system.

To say one is better then the other.....? It's difficult as your ears are different to mine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts