Speaker Detects Error Auto Setup... TX-SR606

Oxigin

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
On Saturday I brought Cambridge S30s , S70 , S50 and the S90 I went home and attached them to my TX-SR606 once everything was attached I ran the Automatci Speaker Setup, All seems to be going well until it got to the rear left speaker and then got a "Speaker Detect Error" this is all the information it gives you (ive checked the manual and it says "One of your speakers was not detected") ive checked the wires and everything looks fine, If I setup the speakers up manually it works fine, Now id like to be able to get the auto setup to work as this is the 1st time ive ever had a 5.1 system so ive no idea how to correctly set it up =/

Has anyone else had this problem? Or any idea what the problem could be ?

Many Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Have you got the rear speakers connected to the surround channels or the surround back?

In a 5.1 system they should be connected to the surround channels - it's a common cause of this error.

Beyond that, anyone got any more ideas?

Oxigin

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply, Both of the rears are connected to surround back (Figured thats where to connect as they are behind me =/ ) Whats odd is that is dectects the rear right without any problems just the left fails,

So in a 5.1 I should connect the rear two speakers to "Surround Channels"?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes to the ones marked SURR SPEAKERS. As you've discovered, things get a bit unpredictable if you only connect to the surround back terminals, as the receiver expects them to be in addition to main surrounds, not instead of.

See the table on p15 of the manual.

A

Anonymous

In a 5.1 set up the speakers should be connected to the "surround left and right" on the amp. Only when doing 6.1 or 7.1 should speakers be connected to "surround back" position. Also on amp settings set surround back to "no"

Oxigin

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Just one more question, I've been looking in the manual again (clearly a busy day at work!) And I've seen the Bi-Wiring section, If I was to Bi-wire my front speakers would this confuse the 606 when running the automatic setup ?

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Oxigin:
Just one more question, I've been looking in the manual again (clearly a busy day at work!) And I've seen the Bi-Wiring section, If I was to Bi-wire my front speakers would this confuse the 606 when running the automatic setup ?

Thanks

No.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts