Speaker Cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Nearly got my system finalised. At the same time as installing my new kit, we are also going for a redecoration of the living room, replacing our current laminated floor with a solid wood floor. Is it possible to run speaker cables under a solid wood floor without them becoming damaged? If we run them around the walls to the rears, it will cost more and I am looking to save a few bob if possible.

Thanks

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Mark Ellis:
Nearly got my system finalised. At the same time as installing my new kit, we are also going for a redecoration of the living room, replacing our current laminated floor with a solid wood floor. Is it possible to run speaker cables under a solid wood floor without them becoming damaged? If we run them around the walls to the rears, it will cost more and I am looking to save a few bob if possible.

Thanks

I layed Gale Symphony 300 under our floor at my last house for the rears, and it worked wonderfully.
Even if you like your expensive cables, the rears really don't need it. This stuff is flat, and costs only £1.49/m

A

Anonymous

Thanks - I was advised not fork out lots of money on the rear cables - just to buy decent cables for the fronts & centre. I'll check these out. Ta again!

A

Anonymous

I see the Gale Symphony 3 are designed to be laid under carpets - what about wooden floors? Has anyone tried that?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Mark Ellis:I see the Gale Symphony 3 are designed to be laid under carpets - what about wooden floors? Has anyone tried that?

I had them under a good quality laminate flooring. Actually come to think of it, I had them in the slight gap between the floor and the wall, underneath the replaced skirting boards.

But at that price, going around the room shouldn't cost the earth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts